Is there a best time to call

Nohal

DIS Veteran
I booked bounceback with free dining in September for this September. Looking at my reservations I realize that I booked one less park day than I need. A few years ago I tried to upgrade my free QS to DDP and the two different CM's I talked to wanted to make a new reservation and charge me for the dining plan. Seems neither one knew how to make the change without adding a new reservation. I don't know the best time to call to get a knowledgeable CM to add another day to my tickets without changing anything else in my reservation.

The CM's you talked with were not not knowledgeable, but rather they were likely quoting the new Disney reservation policy. You can no longer just drop a day and I think that applies to adding a day as well. Now there must be availability for the full length of the new reservation and the days of your current reservation don't count toward that availability. Your current reservation is cancelled and a new reservation is made if the room is available.
When you called, a bounceback was not available for you, as you were not onsite. You may not be able to do what you want, or you may get some Pixie Dust and find a CM who will still do it.
Good Luck

The CM's you talked with were not not knowledgeable, but rather they were likely quoting the new Disney reservation policy. You can no longer just drop a day and I think that applies to adding a day as well. Now there must be availability for the full length of the new reservation and the days of your current reservation don't count toward that availability. Your current reservation is cancelled and a new reservation is made if the room is available.
When you called, a bounceback was not available for you, as you were not onsite. You may not be able to do what you want, or you may get some Pixie Dust and find a CM who will still do it.
Good Luck

This. :thumbsup2

Good Luck
I need to add another day to my park tickets and I am staying on site. Maybe I wasn't clear with my question. I am staying on site with the free dining bounceback my room reservations are for 8 nights but I only booked tickets for 7 days. So I need to add another day. If I wait and do it at checkin or at a park guest service window I won't be able to make FP+ for the extra day.

When I called with a bounce back question (looking to change dates on my current bb), I just had to be clear and direct. The CM kept quoting me non-B.B. Rates, because she could see I wasn't onsite. If you get someone who isn't familiar with BB, just give them all the information You know. That said, I think they may have to rebook the whole thing even to add a day if they are package tix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter