Is the Yatch or BEach club really worth it??

YC is my favorite Disney hotel so far. We've stayed at YC, WL, POR, POFQ, CSR, ASMu (FS), and Pop. We are trying BC and BWI this year, and I expect they will be pretty equal to YC.

I know YC is expensive, but for me it is totally worth it. I love walking to Epcot, my favorite park. Stormalong Bay is a hit with my whole family. I really love the decor of the rooms, too. I say no to a lot of things all year to afford my trip, and I want to love my hotel while I'm there. After 11 trips to the World, I spend almost as much time at the resort as I do at the parks, so how I feel about the resort matters.....it isn't just a place to shower and sleep for me.

We just got back from our first stay at the BC a week ago and it was like a dream. I am pinching myself still wondering if it really happened! We loved everything about it. Even though we couldn't use the pool that much because of the cool weather, it was still fantastic. The location, the atmosphere, the boardwalk, everything was perfect for us.

That said, we did get a 35% discount on the room only. I don't know that we could afford it (or if we could I would have a hard time swallowing that price) if we had to pay full price. We walked through the Swan and Dolphin while we were there, and I hated the feel of them. That's just my opinion of course, but I thought it was tacky and had a business-like feel. Wouldn't want to stay there.

Thanks so much for all the imput :thumbsup2

I am soooooo leaning towards one of these resorts, CS is not a big issue for us. We have been swimming in dec. before, and its nice to sit out by the pool.

Is there a pool bar?

Hurricane Hanna's is poolside and it serves food and all kinds of beverages, with and without alcohol:).

Thanks so much for all the imput :thumbsup2

I am soooooo leaning towards one of these resorts, CS is not a big issue for us. We have been swimming in dec. before, and its nice to sit out by the pool.

Is there a pool bar?

The pool bar is Hurricane Hannah's and it serves food as well. You can find out more about the Beach Club, see plenty of pictures of everything, including the pool bar, and ask more questions in this thread:

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Feb and March 2013~~~NEW THREAD~~~

:)

It definitely was not a fit for us. I grew up always staying on the monorail and I felt removed from Disney at BC. The room was a huge let down with no balcony and a view of a tiny courtyard. This was over $450.00 a night (Spring Break). The store was small with a super-limited selection of food and gifts (I am comparing it to the numerous shops at the Poly and dedicated quick service restaurant). I am totally in the minority, but Stormalong Bay was not great either. It was so crowded that we had the last two chairs in the back, so far from the massive pool, making it tough to keep an eye on our kids (9 and 7). I hated the feel of sand on the bottom of the pool. Beaches and Cream was so expensive and really not good (except dessert!). So, I know we are in the minority on here, but I will never stay here again. The experience and ambiance of the Poly or GF of even WL plus their convenience to the monorail/boat system just makes those much more "Disney" to us.

DH and I have talked about staying at the Yatch or Beach club for our upcoming trip in Dec. I started pricing it out.... WOW is all I can say.
We love Epcot and find our way over there almost every night during our trips. This is one of the reason we would love to stay there, so we just could walk back in the evening, really nice stroll. What other great benfits are there to staying at either resorts.

I just don't know if I can justify the cost?

The Epcot resorts are great if you will be spending alot of time at Epcot and DHS as you can't beat being within walking distance to both parks. The year we stayed at the BC was in December and the resort was beautifully decorated (as are all of the resorts, IMO). We haven't stayed at the YC, but have visited many times over the years and although both resorts are very kid friendly, the YC seems a little quieter to me. Also, if a balcony is important to you, you might want to go with the YC as all rooms there come with a balcony, whereas only some rooms at the BC have a full balcony while the rest have a standing Juliet balcony. Good luck.

There is a food court it is located next to the gift shop.

The Marketplace offers quick grab-n-go items, but is not equivalent to a "food court" like that found at the values and moderates. It also does not have the variety, IMO, like the variety offered at the other deluxe resorts.

we found the CS location to be extremely lacking.

We feel the same way.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;47746565]It definitely was not a fit for us. I grew up always staying on the monorail and I felt removed from Disney at BC. The room was a huge let down with no balcony and a view of a tiny courtyard. This was over $450.00 a night (Spring Break). The store was small with a super-limited selection of food and gifts (I am comparing it to the numerous shops at the Poly and dedicated quick service restaurant). I am totally in the minority, but Stormalong Bay was not great either. It was so crowded that we had the last two chairs in the back, so far from the massive pool, making it tough to keep an eye on our kids (9 and 7). I hated the feel of sand on the bottom of the pool. Beaches and Cream was so expensive and really not good (except dessert!). So, I know we are in the minority on here, but I will never stay here again. The experience and ambiance of the Poly or GF of even WL plus their convenience to the monorail/boat system just makes those much more "Disney" to us.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. At $450/night, I'm not sure anything would live up to my expectations. :rotfl:

We have a YC CL for April for $338/night, definitely the most I've spent for a room at Disney, but at least we'll get the balcony and the nice CL treats.

OP, I'll let you know when I get back if I thought it was worth it, but I truly think it will be! :goodvibes

Is it worth it? Absolutely yes. I am a big fan of Deluxe resorts- we've spent spring break vacations at each if them, and BC is my favorite. It is the convience: Great location, entertainment on spot, best pool of any resort. I was a safari guide at AK and am fond of AKL, but BC is hands down the place I recommend to friends and family.... Especially if you have kids. We paid more to stay at GF and I really think we had a more enjoyable time at BC.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;47746565]It definitely was not a fit for us. I grew up always staying on the monorail and I felt removed from Disney at BC. The room was a huge let down with no balcony and a view of a tiny courtyard. This was over $450.00 a night (Spring Break). The store was small with a super-limited selection of food and gifts (I am comparing it to the numerous shops at the Poly and dedicated quick service restaurant). I am totally in the minority, but Stormalong Bay was not great either. It was so crowded that we had the last two chairs in the back, so far from the massive pool, making it tough to keep an eye on our kids (9 and 7). I hated the feel of sand on the bottom of the pool. Beaches and Cream was so expensive and really not good (except dessert!). So, I know we are in the minority on here, but I will never stay here again. The experience and ambiance of the Poly or GF of even WL plus their convenience to the monorail/boat system just makes those much more "Disney" to us.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you about Beaches and Cream being expensive. B&C is our traditional first day lunch at BC. We have a nice ts meal (burgers all around) and for the five of us the bill averages between $50 and $60. One of the least expensive ts - even less than what we pay at the Plaza!

Everyone will give you a different opinion on whether it's "worth" it. To us it is but we do spend a lot of time and the resort and love being able to walk to EPCOT and DHS>

When the kids were very little we always stayed at the GF - we spent most of our time at MK then and it was definitely worth it. Now that they are older they spend more time at DHS and we LOVE being able to walk over to EPCOT for dinner.

Lack of a cs never bothered us. Most times we stayed cl so that took care of breakfast. We love Hurricane Hannah's for lunch and my dds really like BC Marketplace too. It is just so easy to walk over to EPCOT or the Boardwalk (think BW Bakery) for cs meals that we never had a problem. When we stay at in a regular non-cl room we just order some breakfast items from garden grocer, book a few ts breakfasts, or grab something like the really good cinnamon rolls from the MK bakery or the bakery in Norway. Now that the French bakery is open at 9 even more options!

For us BC/YC is now home and worth every penny!!!!

For us it is. We stay there each August. We aren't the type of family to hit the parks from dusk to dawn. We like to hang by the pool and enjoy where we stay. The BC/YC is perfect for someone who travels like we do.

If you want to enjoy your resort and what down time you may have then definitely stay there!

J

DH and I have talked about staying at the Yatch or Beach club for our upcoming trip in Dec. I started pricing it out.... WOW is all I can say.
We love Epcot and find our way over there almost every night during our trips. This is one of the reason we would love to stay there, so we just could walk back in the evening, really nice stroll. What other great benfits are there to staying at either resorts.

I just don't know if I can justify the cost?

You don't say if DDP or ME is really important to you, but if not, you can stay at Swan or Dolphin most times for half the money, and you get the great location and all those great restaurants!

You don't say if DDP or ME is really important to you, but if not, you can stay at Swan or Dolphin most times for half the money, and you get the great location and all those great restaurants!

Keep in mind that there's a daily resort fee at both the Swan or Dolphin (that cannot be waived), and a fee to park in their lot daily (if you drive).

Add to the fact that you'll have to pay for transportation to and from the airport (if you're flying), OR pay for a rental car (if you don't want to rely on the buses from the S & D). In the end, you will likely be close to what you would pay at BC or YC with a 30% code or better.

I've priced it out many times. Even with a teacher discount or better, I would rather stay next door. I have stayed at the Dolphin and did enjoy it, but I paid a ridiculously low amount to stay there through Priceline right after their renovation. Those days (and those kind of discounts) are unfortunately, long gone.

I love the BC/YC, last trip we stopped there for dinner that was it I was in love. I had to stay there. The area is great, boardwalk for entertain on a quiet night. Walk to 2 parks.
But it does carry a big price tag. You just have to decided if its worth it for you.

We are booked at BC for November for our first stay there. We booked our package through AAA and saved 15% off the room. If a better discount comes out AAA will apply it. That discount is better than nothing so if you are a AAA member maybe that might reduce the sticker shock.

There will be much better discounts that become available closer to your travel dates. Keep an eye out yourself in case your AAA TA misses it. Some AAA TA's are great, some not so much.

Also Mousesavers.com is a good resource for WDW disounts.

I have to disagree with you about Beaches and Cream being expensive. B&C is our traditional first day lunch at BC. We have a nice ts meal (burgers all around) and for the five of us the bill averages between $50 and $60. One of the least expensive ts - even less than what we pay at the Plaza!

I guess I meant it was expensive for what we thought was the equivalent to a McDonalds-type burger. Caesar salad was $12 or $13.00.

Yes it is worth it! The location and Storm Along Bay alone make it worth it to us

As many other posters have stated, everyone's view of "worth it" is different. We really love the EPCOT area, to us, it is a perfect location. I have stayed in every EPCOT resort (except the Swan) and it is always worth it to me :thumbsup2

No matter where we stay, I consider "our" resort to be the entire area! For example: when we stayed at the YC, we had wonderful coffee from the counter at the Swan, delicious and varied quick service at Picabu in the Dolphin, and great shopping/entertainment on the Boardwalk. Since it's a quick and easy walk, it's like they are all in "your" resort!

So many options...plus, EASY transportation to 2 of the 4 parks. And we love entering EPCOT through the IG. Yep, always worth it to me!

suemom2kay said:
There will be much better discounts that become available closer to your travel dates. Keep an eye out yourself in case your AAA TA misses it. Some AAA TA's are great, some not so much.

Also Mousesavers.com is a good resource for WDW disounts.

Oh I hope you are right! I've been crossing my fingers since I booked. My sister who is also traveling with us got that last pin that came out but unfortunately couldn't be used because of our dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter