Is the water cold at the water refill stations?

grammy57

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney Hollywood Florida in a couple of weeks. I know it's going to be hot. I wanted to bring in bottled water and refill it at the water stations but my son's afraid the water won't be cold. I think it will be cold. Is it? He thinks a refillable souvenir cup will be better. What do you think?

He thinks a refillable souvenir cup will be better.
The refillable souvenir cups don’t work in the parks, they work at the resorts.

WDW is pretty good with access to free drinking water and ice, probably because it’s vital to guest experience during Florida’s 8 months of summer. This article gives a good idea of where to expect easy access. Many quick services you’ll see something like this:
1655744604524.jpeg
They keep prepared and ready to go, constantly refilling with new cups of ice water.

We got cold water at every quick service we ate at in April. Either refill station, filled cups on a table, or filled cups where we picked up mobile orders.A couple of places gave a cup to use at the beverage machine.

The refillable souvenir cups don’t work in the parks, they work at the resorts. I thought they had them for sale for about $16. Am I mistaken?

In addition to buying the resort refill cup and getting free (small) cups of ice water, we bring a stainless steel water bottle and fill with ice from the resort ice machine in the morning with some tap water. The ice keeps the water cold all day and we just refill it as we go. It has been a lifesaver in the spring/summer.

For the past 4 or 5 years I've been bringing my refillable water bottle with me (it's a Hydro Cell--purchased through Amazon). I fill it at the drinks station at my resort in the morning--including ice--and refill it at drink stations at QS restaurants in the parks during the day.

As for the QS restaurants that will give you an uncovered cup of water--I just get maybe 3 of these and empty them into my refillable bottle. Works great.

Also, although you probably know this already, reusing a plastic water bottle isn't recommended. Each time you use it after the initial time, the plastic breaks down more--and you're drinking it.

I don't know where you stand on water taste, but my family finds the Florida water undrinkable at most locations. Sometimes this is even true for some sit down/fast food resturants, but that isn't as common. We carry a type of bottle called a grayl. We carry one of theses with us and then our regular water bottles. We use the Grayl everywhere we travel and have used the same one for about 5 years. We have gone through 2 filters in that time. It really cuts the bad tastes out and is easy to take around. My husband adds a clip and hangs it from his belt. Something to consider if you can't handle the horrid taste and we can refill bottles from any sink/source due to its filter capabilities. It can even do river water. I don't use it for that, but it's main market is back packers and the like. They run 70-100$ or so but we have saved loads of $$$ in bottled water since getting one five years ago.

We have a Bobble bottle to filter the Florida water in our hotel room, but I've never had any bad flavor issues with the water from the QS locations; I believe they filter the water. HOWEVER... we don't use the water fountains (if they still have them, post-covid) in the parks as the water was NEVER cold, always warm, and also with a funny taste, and the warm temp made the taste worse. BLECH. I guess if you are worried about the taste from the free cups of ice water, you could bring an empty Bobble with you (so you aren't carrying the weight), pour the cup of water into the Bobble, and drink from that.

There is a water dispenser in Galaxy's Edge and two outside the bathrooms by the bus stations outside DHS, but, we felt like nobody realised what they were because we got odd looks when we refilled our Publix spring water bottles there and also filled up our refillable mugs. The water n all these dispensers was very cold and filtered and tasted great. Mr J was tickled by the one at GE so he took a photo of it.WDW Sept-Oct 2019 (280).jpg

There is a water dispenser in Galaxy's Edge and two outside the bathrooms by the bus stations outside DHS, but, we felt like nobody realised what they were because we got odd looks when we refilled our Publix spring water bottles there and also filled up our refillable mugs. The water n all these dispensers was very cold and filtered and tasted great. Mr J was tickled by the one at GE so he took a photo of it.View attachment 678789
This looks so cool! I can't wait to be tickled by this too. Hahaha

We can be picky about cold, great tasting water and of course Disney adds some extra magic!

This is what makes me shake my head in wonder....of all the places I've visited (a lot) everywhere I go, there are water bottle refill stations except at Disney World.... it's truly the biggest omission I see in all of Disney..... I mean resorts,national parks,hotels,airports,everywhere.

This is what makes me shake my head in wonder....of all the places I've visited (a lot) everywhere I go, there are water bottle refill stations except at Disney World.... it's truly the biggest omission I see in all of Disney..... I mean resorts,national parks,hotels,airports,everywhere.
Yes! I fill my water bottle at the drinking fountains, some are cold, some are not, but they need to add more refill stations.

I love that at Universal I can get cold water at the Coke freestyle machines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter