Is the Seaworld show that had the speed boats gone?

bartleby1

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to seaworld in YEARS, but I vaguely remember a show at an outdoor stadium that had speed boats? Is this still there? I can't find any info on it. If not, what is in that stadium now?

Thanks for the response.

You're right - I now recall it being a ski show. I always enjoyed that show. I wonder why it closed? Is that stadium just empty now? If I remember correctly, it was a pretty big stadium.

Currently the stadium is closed due to the construction that was happening around it for the Waterfront. The ski show is going to be harder to do now since they put in more walkways across the lake and the area which they formed the large piramid is not blocked (behind the island). Hopefully they put back some sort of a Baywatch type of show again.

Thanks for the info. I liked the ski show and was looking forward to my kids seeing it when we go in July :(

Oh well, I'm sure we'll have plenty to see anyway :)

If they add anything there and I remember where this thread is I will post it here.

We were at Seaworld a couple of years ago when the speedboat show closed. One of the speedboats went airborn and sailed into the stadium crowd. One quick mention on the news that night, and not a word of it after that. Many people were injured. VERY scary to see.

There was an accident with the speed boat with the Sea World Ohio, many years ago... it was when we lived there.. I want to say 1995? We had just gone .. a week or two prior to the accident..

Such a shame..it was one of our favorite shows!

I would say it was around the same time we were in Orlando. Odd that both parks would have an accident. I'm sure that's what prompted them to close the shows - maybe some design flaw in the choreography?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter