Is the Plaza worth a TS?

disneypolybride2008

DIS Veteran
Do you get an appetizer? THe menu looked like you can substitue a salad or soup for the side item, but can you get the salad as an appetizer, then get the regular entree and dessert? ty

if you're using the DDP, you no longer get an appetizer. Now it's just the entree, non-alcoholic drink, and dessert. However, DBFF did have a salad instead of fries with her meal. The dessert was incredible!! I personally think it's a great use of a TS! They brought me a gravy boat full of hot fudge! Inside it is really pretty and since it's smaller, it's usually a little more quiet! In anycase, have a great time! :)

A lot of people will tell you it is not on the dining plan. But we really enjoy it. We get tired of all the "heavy" meals we have with our table service meals, and truly appreciate this pretty, old fashioned restaurant. DH loves the grilled chicken and reuben and I've had the burger and the club sandwich--both very good as is the potato salad. The shakes are very good and the desserts. Well, let's just say: :worship:

We are there in June on the deluxe plan, and where able to get soup or salad for an appitizer. If i wasnt on the deluxe plan, I still would have payed for the soup or salad.

I thought they had a good club with fries and a good salad.

Do you get an appetizer? THe menu looked like you can substitue a salad or soup for the side item, but can you get the salad as an appetizer, then get the regular entree and dessert? ty

In my opinion if you on the DP it's not worth it. And if your on the DP not app.
But you do get dessert.

I think that anywhere that you can get great food is good use of your DDP credits........and The Plaza has great food!:thumbsup2

The food is great, but it's not a great value of your TS credit. I would pay cash for the meal at The Plaza and then use that credit for a different TS restaurant. You could use this extra TS credit towards the Hoop Dee Doo Revue or a signature restaurant (2 TS credits). To me this is a better use of the TS credit.

If you're doing the "biggest bang for the buck, must order the most expensive items at the most expensive restaurants" version of the dining plan, then no, it's a terrible value.

If you're looking for a pleasant meal without that worry, we've always found The Plaza very nice. We've had salads, sandwiches and burgers. SAdly, we've always been too full for dessert.

I agree with Suzi, Danielle, and Merriwind. Any location with food you would like to eat is a good use of your TS. To me, ordering the most expensive item or eating at the most expensive restaurants is a waste if that's not actually what you would prefer to eat.

The plaza is a lovely restaurant with good sandwiches and excellent sundaes for dessert.

You get appetizers with the deluxe plan. Yes, you can substitute a salad for the app. I asked as I was confused with a lot of menus that showed salad and apps. Salads are generally not included with a meal, but can be in place of the app. If you are on the regular dining plan, neither app or salad is included.

Is the restaurant worth a TS. In my opinion yes, for lunch. Gets you off your feet, out of the sun and the food is not heavy that you want to nap after! Its a great break in the Magic Kingdom, gets you ready to go for part 2 of your day!

So this place may not get you the biggest bang for your buck...

BUT its one of the yummiest places in the park!

I've read lots of threads about getting the most for your money with DDP, but that can leave people feeling disappointed in the end. I would rather get a delicious meal that I will remember for a long time, than feel that I really 'got one over' on Disney with that dining plan! ;)

I think Plaza is totally worth it! I know where you are coming from, I too am paying good money for Deluxe DDP and catch myself checking out the most expensive places. But honestly I don't want to forget about my food preferences in the excitement of it all!

The Plaza is definitely worth a TS. I usually get soup for my appetizer and then a burger and then you can get a huge ice cream sundae for your dessert. The food is great there!

We are on the deluxe dining plan and i made my ADR but i'm wondering if its worth it to use a TS?

If I were on the regular DDP I would not waste a TS credit on the Plaza. In the past we have payed OOP and I see no reason to change. However the DxDDP is a different story. You will get more than enough food so you can 'afford' to eat a meal or two that doesn't give you as much bang for your buck. You may even find it to be a pleasant change from the other BIG meals.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter