Is the Fantasy worth the higher price?

We prefer the Magic and Wonder, so for us I would not pay more to cruise on the Fantasy, and have actually cancelled next March's cruise on the Fantasy as I cannot justify the price.

WOW-WEE!
We just cancelled our May 2014 Fantasy today for an April 2014 Magic 4dayer out of P C. ......so we are not the only one out there that thinks this way. :thumbsup2

We have cruised on the Wonder & the Fantasy so far...

Would I pay the extra $$ to sail on the Fantasy again? Absolutely, if I had the money.

If I didn't feel like I had the money, I would defiantly get on any Disney Cruise that I could afford comfortably. Any Disney Cruise is better than no Disney Cruise or often even a cruise on a different cruise line. ;)

That being said, we tend to cruise in October & December during the off season when it is less expensive. I would pull my kids out of school if I had to, but they attend a semi-year around school that allows them a 2 week fell break in October every year.

We are sailing on the Fantasy in May, and the SAME stateroom in June cost over $2,000 MORE to go in June than in May. So we picked May. My daughter is in a year-round preschool, so if we want to go on vacation anytime outside of the 1 week break she gets in summer, we have to pull her out (plus, it's just preschool).

I'm not sure what months you're looking at that are significantly more, but even so much as a 1-2 week difference on the Fantasy (from end of May to beginning of June) can save you $2000!

I've taken 5 previous cruises but haven't been on any of DCL ships yet. This being my DH's first cruise ever, I really wanted him to be impressed with cruising and want to go again, plus I haven't been on a cruise in 8 years, so I really wanted us to be on the newest, latest Disney ship.

Could my DH think it's all too big & busy? Maybe, but I know the cruise is not yet sold out, and I'm taking the risk that since my husband doesn't have any comparables, he will be impressed lol. This cruise is mainly for our daughter so as long as SHE has a fabulous time (and I"m sure she will) that's what matters most to us.

The fantasy is my favorite but I won't pay the rediculous price difference. We are sailing on a back to back next spring break - 9 days total - in a verandah for $2000 cheaper than an inside room for a week on the fantasy in the summer. I'd rather save the $2000 and put it toward another cruise!

I've cruised all 4 ships and the Fantasy is my favorite though they are all great. My dad and I are looking into two cruises. One is on the Fantasy and one is on the Magic, which we want to see after its dry dock. Our cruises would be the same month and around the same price give or take so hard to decide. I'm thinking I might need to talk him into a short 4 night on the Magic, which would go to key west(I want to go back there)

I do not think its worth the high price tag. If we had the option to do a 7 night on the Wonder or Magic we'd definitely choose that option instead of the Fantasy. Yes the aquaduck is nice and my daughter loved the mini golf but to pay $1000's more for that, no- not for us anyway.

We chose based on the time of year, itinerary, and length of sailing.

We've done the Wonder 3 nights

Dream 5 nights - twice

Have the Fantasy booked for this summer and can't wait!

We like the concierge lounge/service on the Dream and sure we will on the Fantasy. Hoping that they can add it to the Wonder & Magic.

We'd be happy sailing on any of them. :)

Thanks. Confirms why I'd love to go on the Fantasy. I enjoyed the Dream, but definitely did not get to relax as much as I had hoped to. And the Southern Caribbean itineraries on the Magic sound like they'd be wonderful too!

Exactly. Been on the dream twice and loved it but it was just too short I don't think I would enjoy a b2b either except got the fact there would be 2 cc days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter