Is the Fantasmic Dessert thing worth the $$

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
My travel agent emailed me some info. today about the Fantasmic dessert thing with reserved seats. It seems very expensive (especially for our three year old). Is it worth it?

I've never done the desert thing, but it is expensive. It has to be better than sitting in front of the waterfront for 4 hours, however. Check the calendar before you book it - Fantasmic is closed until Jun 15 this year

I've done the Fantasmic! dessert buffet, and really enjoyed it - definitely the best view of F! I've ever had, since we were up high and could see everything! For us it was worth it, but I don't know that I'd want to fork over the $$ to take a three-year-old...As RMH noted, it's really nice NOT to have to stand/sit around the Rivers of America for a couple of hours in order to have a decent spot to see the show.

Also, be aware that you have to book this 30 days in advance, and there's only 21 or 22 spots on the balcony, and they sell out FAST. People call right at 8:00 when they open, and still get shutout sometimes. There's also a seating section down by river, where instead of a dessert buffet you receive a box of desserts. That accommodates more people, but I think the price is the same. That area also can be reserved 30 days in advance, and regularly sells out.

we did this during our last christmas trip...there were 9 of us in our party 10 if you count the 2 y/o that we did not have to pay for as she sat on our laps.

we REALLY enjoyed this experience, but it isn't something we will do all the time. it was kind of a special treat sort of thing, and we won't do it again until the kids are probably much older to appreciate it more.

my 2 y/o did great. my 4 y/o nephew on the other hand had a melt down and ended up falling asleep right when the show started.

I believe it was $55 each. You get a beverage of your choice (soda, milk coffee, etc) and then they had like cheesecake, cookies, i don't even remember, lots of stuff! for us, it was mostly about the VIEW and the fact that we didn't have to wait forever with the kids for great seats.

we'd probably do the riverside seating next which i think is a little cheaper in that they have kids prices.

It's ~$60/person, plus tax. For the dessert buffet, there were several different kinds of cake, like cheesecake and black forest cake, and also beignets, cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a selection of fresh fruit. Beverages included soft drinks, coffee, tea (hot or cold) and hot chocolate, and of course water. I believe milk and lemonade were also available.

For the Riverside seating you receive a box of desserts - not sure what that selection includes, but certainly not the variety available with the buffet!

I have pictures of the buffet from last October...maybe I should post one. :-)

If you don't do the dessert thing to guarantee seats, where is the best place to wait-and how long beforehand do you have to wait?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter