Is the end coming for the Chase Disney Visa?

I have to concur that Chase Disney Visa's days may be numbered. I received a survey from DCL the other day that questioned if I had either a Chase Disney branded Visa Credit Card or an AMEX card With there being no Chase sponsorship of F & W this year it makes me think the Chase Disney card's days are numbered. Personally I really hope they don't go with AMEX as they have some of the lowest perks out there & I really don't want to pay for the privilege of having a special Disney CC.

One very good benefit not mentioned is the use of Disney Reward dollars on airline tickets. If you purchase an airline ticket on your Disney Visa (doesn't have to be for WDW trip) you can apply your Disney Rewards dollars up to the amount paid for the ticket, assuming you have the rewards $$ available. This is a great perk because you don't need to ever worry about black out dates, availability etc, you simply charge the airfare to your DV, and then the next month apply as much as you want of your rewards dollars to pay for the airfare.

On another note, I remember getting the card initially (ours states Day 1 Charter member, and I think we got a pin too) and it wasn't a Chase Visa, I believe it was Bank One. The transition over as I recall was seemless, if you didn't know they were doing it, you might not even realized it. I highly doubt they'd drop the rewards program, so if they go with a new credit card company, I'd assume the transition would once again be seemless.

I have a Chase Disney Visa because I must have all things Disney. However, it gives me NO benefit. I know you can buy all your crap and pay it off at the end of the month, but if I buy all my crap with AMEX or the Wells Fargo card, I get 3x as much.

I have a Chase Disney Visa because I must have all things Disney. However, it gives me NO benefit. I know you can buy all your crap and pay it off at the end of the month, but if I buy all my crap with AMEX or the Wells Fargo card, I get 3x as much.
We use 3 benefits from it that we don't get from the AMEX card: the exclusive meet and greets (Kylo Ren was awesome at DHS), 6 month no finance charges on Disney packages and 10% off at the Disney Store (over $50 purchases).

Other than that, the AMEX earns cash back faster. And it can be used as actual money to pay down your statement - instead of just Disney money.

We've always paid our DVC dues with it. Last April, we tacked on three days at the All Stars, before a cruise. It's not the most efficient way to pay,
but it's like finding money in the seat cushion of the couch.:sail:

We use 3 benefits from it that we don't get from the AMEX card: the exclusive meet and greets (Kylo Ren was awesome at DHS), 6 month no finance charges on Disney packages and 10% off at the Disney Store (over $50 purchases).

Other than that, the AMEX earns cash back faster. And it can be used as actual money to pay down your statement - instead of just Disney money.
Yes I have kept it for the meet and greets. Other than that I don't use it. I pay for my vacations with my Amex, then use the reward cash to pay down the statement, so then I feel like I am getting even more of a discount, then I pay the statement off in full.

Being local, I have the advantage over the Disney store. If it's sold in the park, I take my behind to Disney and buy it in the park at a 20% discount.

Besides the meet and greet and getting the ability to say "I have that too", the card is meh.

On another note, I remember getting the card initially (ours states Day 1 Charter member, and I think we got a pin too) and it wasn't a Chase Visa, I believe it was Bank One. The transition over as I recall was seemless, if you didn't know they were doing it, you might not even realized it. I highly doubt they'd drop the rewards program, so if they go with a new credit card company, I'd assume the transition would once again be seemless.

Mine says "Charter Cardmember" so not Day 1, but I don't remember exactly when I got the card. It was Bank One at first. I think, though, that Bank One and Chase merged or Chase bought Bank One leading to the switch. I don't know that a transition to a new credit card company would be as seamless.

Correct no chase lounge.
That's so sad! I feel like I JUST saw something and got excited that the Chase lounge would be back this year... But for the life of me, I can't find that now.

I stumbled upon the chase lounge accidentally on my last trip two years ago and was really hoping it would be a thing this year too

I've had the card for 6 years now and the only good thing is the no finance charge on booking a Disney trip. and the 10% off dining in WDW and Disney Store. Perks seem to have lessened over the years. No more early acces to free dinning.

We really only used the Disney Visa for the $200 gift card offer. After that the rewards aren't great. 10% off purchases pales in comparison the 20% we currently enjoy as passholders. Much better for us to get airline miles on another card.

I have had the Disney Card since close to Day 1......NEVER use it...but I enjoy photo areas.

Chase Sapphire Reserve all the way for most everything with Chase Freedom on bonus categories....and Chase Freedom unlimited for everything not in bonus tiers for other ones.

back in April and then again last month, DV has sent out an offer for 4% cashback for putting Cable, cell phone, utilities, insurance on the card. First time I have ever seen an offer for increased cash back on the card. Actually charging a lot more on it the last few months; offer ends 8/31/17.

I always like to remind everyone that reward perks are all "relative"...

...as in order to get perks, you have to blow tremendous amounts of money.

"Going broke saving money"
I definitely agree you shouldn't spend more to get more rewards. That's the same as buying something you don't need because it's on sale.
For my family we just pay our normal bills with a reward card and then pay that bill from our bank account. Definitely worthwhile.

I always like to remind everyone that reward perks are all "relative"...

...as in order to get perks, you have to blow tremendous amounts of money.

"Going broke saving money"

I always like to remind people that you can use credit cards to buy things you need every month anyway, like food, toiletries, gas...and to pay bills like insurance, utilities, cell phone.

I have earned $100 Disney reward dollars in just two months by simply paying my recurring bills with the card. They offered a 4% bonus earnings for autopay bills in those categories this summer. I also use it for groceries and gas (2% earnings). I didn't buy any more than I would have anyway, but now I also have an extra $100 that I didn't have at the beginning of June.

I like the character card. The meet and greets are great. Other than that....

The merchandise one, unless buying things that are exclusively Disney Parks (and there are fewer and fewer of those), is a bit of a waste. My kids fell in love with something at MK. We didn't get it, but told them to ask Santa. Got home, and found that the local Disney store had the exact same item for 20% less. Target had it for even less than that. I think we discovered that after the 5% target red card discount, that the Target one (EXACTLY the same) was almost 40% less than the in-park one.

So yeah, that 10% merchandise discount is a bit meaningless.

I believe Bank One was the first issuer of the Disney Visa. Not sure when Chase took over

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter