Is the Candlelight Processional really not to be missed?

DreaminDisney

<font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL
We're planning our next trip to Disney Thanksgiving week. We've heard that the Candlelight Processional is not to be missed and it's best to book the dinner package. What's your favorite place to dine with this package?
We've never done this and we'd like to try it. :)
I'm sure this has all been asked before (sorry :blush: ) but can dining plan be used with this?

Thanks! :wave:

I've seen it during my last thee holiday trips and I'm planning on booking it again for my Dec trip this year.

The dinner package assures that you get a seat. No guarantee how great a seat but a seat non the less. We have always done the package and we enjoy the LeCellier.

I have only been to the CP once on Christmas Eve and it is my favorite memory. The weather was awful, it was raining and cold and my kids were miserable, but I was mesmorized!!! We did the dining package and so we were assured a seat. Our seat was way in the back and not under the covering at all. Since the weather was so bad there were plenty of seats for those not in the package and lots of last minute walk ins. I would do the package if you can only attend one performance at one particular time. If you are flexible then maybe play it by air. Don't miss the show though...it is wonderful....magical.....just plain Disney at its finest!!!! :wizard:

To me it is an absolute do not miss. It is so beautiful and a perfect way to remember the season.

The two times we have been there for the CP (it used to not begin until later in December), we dined at Rose and Crown because they used to serve prime rib which is our Christmas tradition.

Thanks for all your responses. I'm looking forward to this.
Do any of you have a time preference, 1st 2nd or 3rd show?

Thanks again :)

DreaminDisney said:
Thanks for all your responses. I'm looking forward to this.
Do any of you have a time preference, 1st 2nd or 3rd show?

Thanks again :)

I can't really answer this from experience, since we are going for the first time this year, but I was advised by the "experts" that you should go to the later shows when it is dark outside. Supposedly the experience is enhanced by the darkness. Anyone out there that has been to the CP confirm this?

Our family has been to the CP a few times. We always book the last show, & dine at Chefs de France. This has become a tradition for us, & we plan to do the same this year. :santa: As far as the best show to attend, IMHO it's much better to attend the show after dark.

We've seen it three separate times on 3 different trips. The first 2 times we didn't get the meal package and the lines to get in were horrific!!!! We waited anyway and then still had to view it from far away standing room only..... the 3rd time we heard about the pkg and we did the Garden Grill meal.... it was awesome! We had wonderful seats and the show was spectacular!!! I had to buy the CD right after!!! :) We did not do it on our last trip (12/04) as we had 2 little ones with us and I knew they wouldn't sit through it... but someday when they're older, I'd love to do it again! :)

We've been four times. We don't really have a show time preference - we usually just work it around when our dining time is (based on availability where we're dining), then go. We've been fortunate enough to be able to catch CP and Illuminations both a couple of times. I highly recommend this show - it is unforgettable.

When I was in high school I actually got to sing in the choir for Candlelight and I've been in love with that show ever since. It's such a wonderful way to celebrate the season.

My family went together a few years ago (back when there wasn't such a princess craze) and we went to Akershus for dinner because my Father is Finn. and Norway was almost like going home! :goodvibes It was excellent. I was sad to see that they were taken off the listing once it turned into an all-day princess mess. No more rice cream for Christmas for me. :guilty:

I think I am going to quit worrying about getting the CP package. Following the information is making me nuts.

I called this morning to make all my ressies for Dec. 2-8. I wanted Le Cellier for Dec. 6th. The only thing they had available was a seating at 8:50pm! We wanted somthing around 4.

I think we'll just have to try and wing it and just see it when we can. If we have to stand in line, so be it.

I know we are all getting told different things, but the CM I talked to today said they have NO information yet on the CP package.

MadamMim said:
When I was in high school I actually got to sing in the choir for Candlelight and I've been in love with that show ever since. It's such a wonderful way to celebrate the season.

My family went together a few years ago (back when there wasn't such a princess craze) and we went to Akershus for dinner because my Father is Finn. and Norway was almost like going home! :goodvibes It was excellent. I was sad to see that they were taken off the listing once it turned into an all-day princess mess. No more rice cream for Christmas for me. :guilty:

You can get Rice Cream at the Bakeri in Norway and also if you go to the Food and Wine Festival sometime, they sell it there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter