Is Storybook dining at Artist Point character meal a must if you are staying at the WL?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Is Artist Point character meal that great, a must, if you are staying at WL? Even if you aren't a big Snow White enthusiast?

If you aren't a big Snow White fan then I would say it isn't a "must". I think the food is really good and you'll probably enjoy it. But at that price point if the characters aren't a draw I'd eat elsewhere.

If you want something while staying at WL I'd look at Geyser Point. Gets universally good reviews here and the 3 times we've eaten there have loved the food and atmosphere.

Had a friend who is a huge Snow White fan do it before pandemic and loved it. Intends on going back next trip but he was waiting as his most recent trip fell right before it reopened.

I think there was only one appetizer his family was disappointed in. He did mention if you are a picky eater it might not be for you.

Had a friend who is a huge Snow White fan do it before pandemic and loved it. Intends on going back next trip but he was waiting as his most recent trip fell right before it reopened.

I think there was only one appetizer his family was disappointed in. He did mention if you are a picky eater it might not be for you.
ahh I should look at the menu. We do have picky eaters (adults too) and so it's likely not worth it. Thanks!!

I wouldn't say it's a must-do, but it's very convenient if staying at WL and want a nice dinner that's not in the parks. We are staying at BRV in late March and I have it planned late for our last evening when we are back at the resort packing.

The food is excellent, and it's a good choice for an offsite character meal. If you aren't into a character meals, like you are adults, then I'm not sure why you would do this.

If you have a five year old and no park tickets the day you arrive, sure, it's a fantastic choice. Is anyone a "Snow White enthusiast?" That's not really the point.

I've gotten it the day before twice with trackers.

The food is excellent, and it's a good choice for an offsite character meal. If you aren't into a character meals, like you are adults, then I'm not sure why you would do this.

If you have a five year old and no park tickets the day you arrive, sure, it's a fantastic choice. Is anyone a "Snow White enthusiast?" That's not really the point.

I've gotten it the day before twice with trackers.
We have kids so it may be entertaining a bit....

I thought that it was cute. We didn’t book it for our upcoming trip but now my daughter wants to go to there again. It doesn’t really fit into our schedule, so I don’t think I’ll book it again but maybe for our trip in July.

I think the food is good and really like the character interactions

I thought they weren’t doing the character dining for this restaurant at this time. Are they?

Yes! It's really not often you will get to see the dwarfs plus the queen is awesome. The food is very good also.

Last edited:
I could do without Snow White but would really enjoy roleplaying with the Wicked Queen.

Unfortunately, the prix fixe menu has little that appeals to us. We always check menus before trying for an ADR as we both have food allergies. While Disney does their best to feed you something you can eat, we figure there's no point going somewhere the bulk of the menu doesn't thrill us. The old "Why Go To a Steakhouse When You'll Only Eat Seafood" theory, yanno?

Geyser Point more than once? Yup, all up for that one. Food is pretty tasty. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Fabulous place to watch fireworks.

We loved Artist Point too, but haven’t really felt any great desire for trying this character meal. We really enjoy Geyser Point and usually eat there a few times during our trips. We love the ambience and think the food is pretty good.

I could do without Snow White but would really enjoy roleplaying with the Wicked Queen.

Unfortunately, the prix fixe menu has little that appeals to us. We always check menus before trying for an ADR as we both have food allergies. While Disney does their best to feed you something you can eat, we figure there's no point going somewhere the bulk of the menu doesn't thrill us. The old "Why Go To a Steakhouse When You'll Only Eat Seafood" theory, yanno?

Geyser Point more than once? Yup, all up for that one. Food is pretty tasty. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Fabulous place to watch fireworks.
How is Geyser with food allergies? We have food allergies in our party also.

How is Geyser with food allergies? We have food allergies in our party also.
Choices, as at some other places, are a bit limited, particularly with my gluten-dairy issues.

However, DH (allergic to all kinds of peppers) raved about the bison burger, and they did a deeelish grilled chicken sandwich on an amazingly tasty g-f bun for me.

It's a fave for us even though likely limited to our ordering the same things or nearly so every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter