Is splitting portions at TS as common as it seems here?

My family splits meals frequently. We are a family of 5 and my 14 yo and 11 yo have been considered "adults" for a few years now. 4 adult sized entrees and desserts plus 1 child entree and dessert are more often than not too much food for us.

We often split and use 3 adult credits and 1 child credit or just 3 adult credits. I have never gotten a funny look or had any issue. The wait staff will sometimes pause about our drink orders because if we order 5 sodas, there is a charge for one or more of them. I don't care about the extra charge but I guess they want to make sure I know.

There are some restaurants that don't allow splitting. Via Napoli is one of them. We had split there once in the past but knew going in on the last two trips that we wouldn't be allowed to. There may be others as well. Obviously you can't split at buffets or any type of all you can eat place.

When you say you can't split at Via Napoli are you only talking about th dining plan? We are going OOP in August, I have issues with GERD and can't always eat a big meal. Was thinking of splitting a white pizza with one of the kids if they are interested. Will they let us? Thanks.

When you say you can't split at Via Napoli are you only talking about th dining plan? We are going OOP in August, I have issues with GERD and can't always eat a big meal. Was thinking of splitting a white pizza with one of the kids if they are interested. Will they let us? Thanks.

Yes, they'll do that. They're very picky about DDP, but paying OOP or using TIW doesn't have those restrictions.

Mom and I will likely split. Both of us tend to be snackers and don't care for huge meals. One of the reasons we're look forward to the food kiosks at F&G! We'll be splitting something at Via Napoli on our arrival day:thumbsup2

I have Type 2 diabetes. The portions are too large for me. Even though DH is a hearty eater, we split almost all our meals on our last trip and had plenty to eat. We'll do it again when we go back.

Dh and I split often at WDW restaurants. However, we have definitely run into servers who have been annoyed about it. We leave a larger than normal tip, but we have still sensed the displeasure. Additionally, I find servers are sometimes annoyed if we are not on the dining plan because it means we probably won't be ordering two entrees, two desserts and two drinks.

<<<We split and have room for dessert. We also tip high to make up for it to the server.>>>

We always tip high too. My dh and I often split entrees at WDW and elsewhere. On our last visit we went to Jiko and we each had a glass of wine and an appetizer, no entrees. Our server was wonderful.

ChelMomto5 said:
On behalf of servers everywhere, thank you for this!!!:thumbsup2

I completely agree! I am also a server as well as a dental asst... 2 jobs! But i have to say that being a server is by far the hardest... So thank you and hello to my fellow server! :)

The servings sizes are huge for us. We often split an app or entree and we have never run into any rude servers. We have the TiW card but will tip extra if we have ordered a smaller meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter