Is Sea World good for a 2 yo and 4 yo?

RED23

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of stopping at Sea World on our last day before our flight. We would only have from 9 - 3:30.
Do young children enjoy it?
Is is worth going for only 6 hours?

Haven't been to SeaWorld in Orlando yet, but I took my boys when they were 3 and 4 1/2 to SeaWorld Ohio and they had a great time! There were plenty of shows and hands-on opportunities for them to enjoy. I would imagine that the Orlando SeaWorld would even be a lot better than the one in Ohio! I really don't know how much you would be able to do in 6 hours; maybe someone who has been recently can comment?

do some things but definitely not all of the entire park. If you decide to go for that amount of time, you can try to ideally see as many of the major attractions as you can and just save the rest for another time.

Also, depending on the crowds on that particular day (although more manageable than WDW) you might not be able to see as much as you like. So, I think if you and the kids would want to atleast get a taste of what Sea World is about, a half a day could be nice.

But, if you think personally that this amount of time may not be worth spending the money then you might want to put it on the to do next time list.

I have found that to fully enjoy all that Sea World has to offer that atleast a whole entire day and even 2 is preferrable so anything less especially to someone who hasn't experienced the park before can possibly feel like you're rushing through.

So, if you don't mind just seeing a couple of things this time around (saving others for another year) and taking a somewhat increased pace, then I think it would work out fine. I think it is basically up to you and whether or not you would really like to visit for a short day.

As far as small kids, I feel most of them love Sea World and it is a big hit with them. I have been to the Orlando park many times, and there has always been absolutely lots of small kids there at every turn as most of the shows such as Shamu, Clyde and Seamore, and the Dolphins are especially designed with a young audience in mind.

Whenever you decide to visit, I am sure your kids will have a blast; hope this helps.

We just got back today, and we went to Sea World on Wednesday with our DS's ages 6 and 3. They had a great time! They especially liked Clyde & Seamore Take Pirate Island (don't miss this!), Terrors of the Deep, and the penguin exhibit. They also liked Wild Artic (walked right onto that - go early). There is lots to see after the simulator part. 3yr old had to go in the "By Foot" part with DH (stationary seating), and 6yr old enjoyed the simulator with me. You can join up again right after the "trip", and go through the exhibits together.

We found the crowds very managable, especially if you're not interested in riding Journey to Atlantis and Kraken. We had some other adults in our party that day, so lucky for us we did get to ride Kraken - if you like coasters this one's not to be missed! We rode it at night and walked right on.... Anyways, there are fountains outside of JtA that the kids had a blast playing in - they were soaked! But, it was a nice break from the heat. If you're heading to the airport after, you might want to pack their suits or a change of clothes - or steer clear of there because if they see it they will want in!!!:p

I think if you have a game plan and realize you won't be able to see it all, then it will be a nice visit. We went all day, with a mid day break and didn't get to do everything. It was a nice change of pace, we just let the kids linger where they wanted to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter