Is Photokey worth the price?

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by petals, Sep 11, 2018.

1. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Just wondering if photokey is worth the price. I'm planning on booking two tours the behind the scenes tour and dolphin encounter but we're not thrill ride fans so when we go to Seaworld we only go for the shows so the only other place we would use photokey is if we saw any characters

Can anyone post what sort of photos they got on those tours or in general with the photokey and how many photos you ended up getting please?

2. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

We are annual passholders, so we purchase the annual photokey which is good for one full year. We think its a great value, and have got some wonderful photos at the park.

There are several places around the park where you can get photos taken that don't involve rides or tours. Very specifically, as you enter the park, there are always photographers stationed in various places: one to capture pics with the lighthouse in the background...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

......one with the large Shamu on the wall as the background:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

......sometimes, in front of the seasonal foliage:

[​IMG]

.....and another in front of the large SeaWorld logo (just past Guest Services).

[​IMG]

In Shark Encounter, there's a photographer there that does magic shots using a green screen: you'll end up with various backgrounds such as these.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, you can definitely get your photos from the tours on your Photokey. Here are a few from the Dolphin Encounter in May:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, then there's the characters too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pattyw likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

The annual pass is also good at Aquatica, too (you can also purchase a single day Photokey for Aquatica as well, if that's something that interests you). If you're planning an Aquatica day, these are the kind of pics you can expect to get:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pattyw likes this.
  5. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Unless it's changed since we've done the Behind the Scenes Tour (it was several years ago), there was no photographer on that tour. The photos we had taken of us with the penguin were with our own cameras.

6. petals

There's an option to add on a package to get a plush and one printed photo for the tour so I presumed there'd be a photographer But I don't know as I never did it before :confused3

The other photos are great. We'll only be there for a day but we're prob going to be there from shortly after 10am until after midnight the day we plan to be there

7. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

I have an annual PhotoKey, and I love it. I use it all the time, as I do tours quite often

pattyw likes this.
  8. petals

we'll only be there one day. How many photos on average would you get in one day?

9. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

Hmm...it's hard to say (as I literally only use it for tours, personally). But there are a few spots to get pictures- the entrance usually has a few photographers out in the morning, there are some fun backdrops over by Sharks, there's a big SeaWorld sign (by Guest Services) that usually has a character out meeting, or even just the sign is a good backdrop. Then of course any tours will get pictures