Is Pandora, Flight of Passage, okay for the older crowd?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Looking for the senior crowd who have been on the FOP ride to say how they feel about it. Do you have to be in perfect health for this ride?

Our person is 81 with high blood pressure controlled by meds. Our person has no heart problems. Our person does oxygen at night. Hoping our person can do this ride, but I don't really want to risk it if it's too much for the older crowd.

Last edited:
Which ride? There are 2, Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey. NRJ is a non-eventful boat ride that is pretty. It is a small boat that requires a slight step down to get in to. FOP is a simulator ride where you sit like you are riding a motorcycle. It has some strobing for a few seconds in the beginning and is a very smooth but very exciting ride. The scenery is beautiful and is able to be experienced by everyone.

Which ride? There are 2, Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey. NRJ is a non-eventful boat ride that is pretty. It is a small boat that requires a slight step down to get in to. FOP is a simulator ride where you sit like you are riding a motorcycle. It has some strobing for a few seconds in the beginning and is a very smooth but very exciting ride. The scenery is beautiful and is able to be experienced by everyone.

Sorry, you are right. It's the Flight of Passage that I need info on.

You should be fine. People of all ages groups are loving the ride.

As long as someone's not pregnant, severe motion sickness, or a serious medical problem, then they should be fine. As long as he takes his BP meds like normal I don't see an issue arising

I would have them watch the youtube video of the banshee ride scene in avatar. Let them imagine what that may be like, the wind in the hair, the mist on the face. We thought it was so invigorating and thrilling. All in a great way. However, we did have fastpasses and when we left Tuesday mid afternoon, the wait was FIVE HOURS! That might be tough for anyone!

Can said person get on and off an arcade motorcycle seat?? Some might have issues straddeling. My mom won't ride this for this reason and an unsecure feeling of balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter