• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is our City's Manhunt in your news?

Handbag Lady

Disneyland Bride 2000
I expected to see a thread here already about this. There are more things going on that are not in this article, mainly, anyone with his type of vehicle are being treated unusually by police. I'm trying to find a print story for those as well.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/christophe...icer-attempted-flee-country/story?id=18427632

The fired ex-California cop who set off a region-wide manhunt after allegedly shooting three police officers this morning -- one fatally -- had initially gone to a yacht club near San Diego where police say he attempted to steal a boat and flee to Mexico.

Police say that former police officer Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, who officials believe posted an online manifesto outlining his plan to "terminate" his former colleagues and their families, is armed with a long gun and might have several other guns and high-capacity magazines. He is also believed to have access to military uniforms because he has served in the Navy.

"We are considering him armed and dangerous," Lt. Julia Engen of the Irvine Police Department said.

Police allege that he went to the yacht club Wednesday night at Point Loma, Calif., near San Diego to steal the boat. He aborted the attempted theft when the boat's propeller became entangled in robe, law enforcement officials said. It was at that point he is believed to have headed to Riverside, where he allegedly shot two police officers.

"He pointed a handgun at the victim [at the yacht club] and demanded the boat," Lt. David Rohowits of the San Diego Police Department said.

Police say the expert marksman shot at four officers in two incidents overnight, hitting three of them: one in Corona, Calif., and the two in Riverside, Calif

It's on our news here, but just as a story. Not really much hope of finding him here unless he takes a major wrong turn.

I saw the story it came up on yahoo. I also heard how they are treating people unfairly with the same vehicle as the suspect. I read the manifest he wrote. I hope it's not true otherwise there is some shady things going on with the LAPD.

I'm in CT, just outside NYC, so our news is blizzard-focused today. But there is a big feature about it on Gawker (sadly, one of my main news sources.)

I saw the story it came up on yahoo. I also heard how they are treating people unfairly with the same vehicle as the suspect. I read the manifest he wrote. I hope it's not true otherwise there is some shady things going on with the LAPD.

I can't believe they just opened fire on 2 vehicles that matched his description. They actually hit 2 people. I would lock my car up in the garage if I drove what he was driving for fear of the cops just shooting me on site. You would think that they would do a little bit more checking before shooting at innocent people!

I didn't see it on the noon news but I did read about it on some local tv and newspapers twitter feeds.

I can't believe they just opened fire on 2 vehicles that matched his description. They actually hit 2 people. I would lock my car up in the garage if I drove what he was driving for fear of the cops just shooting me on site. You would think that they would do a little bit more checking before shooting at innocent people!

This is exactly what is bothering me. This was on one local news this morning, and now, it isn't even in the local news.

The story I heard was that these two vehicles were near the house of one of the cops listed on the manifesto and they were just shot at...like you're just driving to work and BAM BAM BAM just because you are on the same street as where one of the cops lives.

I can't imagine the lawsuits and how much they are going to cost our city.

This is exactly what is bothering me. This was on one local news this morning, and now, it isn't even in the local news.

The story I heard was that these two vehicles were near the house of one of the cops listed on the manifesto and they were just shot at...like you're just driving to work and BAM BAM BAM just because you are on the same street as where one of the cops lives.

I can't imagine the lawsuits and how much they are going to cost our city.
Yeah, I'm guessing an enormous amount. From what I read, they were woman also. This guy is pretty big, and they mistook women for him? Plus, they were just out delivering newspapers and this is what they run into.

I can understand that the cops are jumpy and they wanna get this guy. He is just shooting cops without warning, but they can't be doing the same!

I hadn't heard this, but to be honest I don't watch a lot of news. :)

But, your question makes me wonder how many of you have heard about the young girl who was abducted, strangled and left in a local park nude? She may have also been sexually assaulted. She was 13, lived in my town and I drive past the park where she was found every day on my way to work. :( I have a DD13.......

But, your question makes me wonder how many of you have heard about the young girl who was abducted, strangled and left in a local park nude? She may have also been sexually assaulted. She was 13, lived in my town and I drive past the park where she was found every day on my way to work. :( I have a DD13.......

No, it didn't hit our news here. How awful for her.

There is also a manifesto that was published. Odd.

His un-edited manifesto, which has been edited to half or less of its original length on the major sites, is an eye-opener (still available elsewhere, around 22 pages.) When you kill the daughter of your attorney, you are reprehensible, but he certainly sounded as if he felt "justified" in his rampage. Hope no one else is murdered. :(

Been following it here. Sounds like there were a couple of incidents in Torrance during the night as well, which were mistaken identity.

I just watched a high speed police pursuit of a stolen vehicle on KTLA - they weren't sure if she had been carjacked, but ends up she was alone in the vehicle.

Now they are looking up at Big Bear....

ETA: Looks like it was one shooting in Torrance and one in Redondo

Yes, they've been covering it every day on the SF news channels. So sad. And it's scary when it's so close to home.

And the early morning news and the noon news have been all over the Chris Dorner story. There have been warnings that he may head North, but they don't have any proof that he's on his way here. Sounds like he's unpredictable. Another sad story.

Yeah, I'm guessing an enormous amount. From what I read, they were woman also. This guy is pretty big, and they mistook women for him? Plus, they were just out delivering newspapers and this is what they run into.

I can understand that the cops are jumpy and they wanna get this guy. He is just shooting cops without warning, but they can't be doing the same!

I heard the women delivering newspapers were driving around with their headlights off, so that might have made them seem more suspicious.

I texted DBF to tell him to be on the lookout for the perp and his vehicle. He's at King's Canyon (?) today.

I've been following this on KTLA online. They think they found the vehicle in Big Bear. It had been set on fire.

I had not heard of it until your post. Just read the manifesto.

Wow.

I do not even know what to say.

Heidict said:

To me this is the bigger story!
Also I heard on the radio he is driving a Nissan Titan, while the picture of the shot up vehicle just now on the news was a Toyota.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter