Is Na'vi still in Plan B mode?

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
I know this was discussed on here, but I can't find the thread now.

Is Na'vi still in Plan B mode and showing the Shaman on the screen instead of the actual thing?

Okay thanks. Was just hoping it wasn't a "new" thing they were doing with the ride! We don't go until the first week of February, so I figured they would have the bugs worked out.

ditto the previous comment, we rode 12/8 and the animatronic was working, still not worth the 2:15 wait though!

We rode Na'vi on 12/05 and 12/11 and the animatronic was working both times.

Is Na'vi still in Plan B mode and showing the Shaman on the screen instead of the actual thing?

Just rode it a couple days ago - everything working fine. Waited only 35 min. - not the actual 55 min. posted. It was a cute ride, but nothing I'll repeat again with more than a 15 min wait. FOP, on the other hand-------

Okay thanks. Was just hoping it wasn't a "new" thing they were doing with the ride! We don't go until the first week of February, so I figured they would have the bugs worked out.
I think you misunderstand how they use Plan B mode. The Plan B is only in effect when needed. You never know when it's going to be in Plan B. While it may not be that way right now it may be in an hour or tomorrow, or next month. There are always bugs in animatronics. Always.
As shown by this post
Can I ask around what time you rode on 12/05? I rode it around noon that day and got the video :sad:

So do they just flash a strobe light on the shaman when he's down? :D
LOL... no, it's a screen that comes down over where the animatronic version sits

I might be the only one...but I like navi better than FOP.
Well, I admit that we were probably not in the best frame of mind to give it a fair shake after waiting that long, and 45 minutes more than the posted wait, but while I thought it was visually pleasing, there just wasn't much to it for me. No apparent story, just a dark boat ride with attractive scenery. But the great thing about Disney, is there is something for everybody.

I think you misunderstand how they use Plan B mode. The Plan B is only in effect when needed. You never know when it's going to be in Plan B. While it may not be that way right now it may be in an hour or tomorrow, or next month. There are always bugs in animatronics. Always.
As shown by this post

LOL... no, it's a screen that comes down over where the animatronic version sits

Agreed, this is something that I’m certain can be changed in a short time and can change from hour to hour. Recent experiences are worthless for predicting current state.

I will add that based on my experiences, the animatronic is in front of the screen. For B Mode and maintenance purposes, it is simply lowered out of the way of the screen.

Even if it is today, doesn't mean it will be tomorrow. When we were there in November, I read here that they were using the screen instead of the animatronic. The next morning we rode Na'Vi right after rope drop and the Animatronic was there.

we rope dropped it during EMH and waited 45 minutes. IMHO, not worth more than 1/2 hour wait.

We rope dropped it Monday (EMH) and walked on the first time and had less than 10 minute wait the second time. We loved it! Glad we didn't wait an hour though. Animatronic was working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter