Is Mannheim Steamroller concert worth upgrading annual pass?

mumzie2three

DIS Veteran
I have a Preferred Pass, but my son has a Seasonal Pass, and I think that means he can't get into US on concert days. Is it worth the $50 to upgrade him to the Power Pass? November 17th will be our first day in the parks and it stinks if we have to avoid US because of the concert that night.

I loved the MS concert so yes, to me, it would be worth the additional $50. But I also totally love Christmas themed events and their music.

We're in a similar situation (for the second time), but there are four of us that would need to upgrade. Two years ago, we opted to not upgrade and just go to IOA for one day. This year, we arrive on Nov 23 in the afternoon, so we're looking at either spending $200 or sticking with IOA for the first day and a half. We're there for four nights, so I'm leaning towards not upgrading, but I'm not 100% sure yet...

I've gone to see MS in concert elsewhere and paid more than $50 so to me it would be worth it. However, I'm a bit christmas crazy. Christmas has already thrown up all over my house.

We are in a similar situation. However, we only have 1.5 days in the parks are were counting on hopping between both parks. Now I see we cant get into US on Dec 15 bc of the concert. We have seasonal passes which will expire in January so our upgrade of $100 total will be for this ONE trip. I feel we need it since we planned on hopping between parks, it just stinks that it'll really only be for that one day unless I'm missing something?

We are in a similar situation. However, we only have 1.5 days in the parks are were counting on hopping between both parks. Now I see we cant get into US on Dec 15 bc of the concert. We have seasonal passes which will expire in January so our upgrade of $100 total will be for this ONE trip. I feel we need it since we planned on hopping between parks, it just stinks that it'll really only be for that one day unless I'm missing something?

Nope. That's exactly how it will work.

Nope. That's exactly how it will work.
Thank you for responding. I figured that's the way it would work. I can't really complain. Our one year for the seasonal pass should have expired in October but we got the 3 additional months for free. Still cheaper than what it would have cost for dh and I to purchase 2 day passes! Can I upgrade our seasonal ticket at HRH when we check in or would we need to do this at the ticket booth....or better yet, can we upgrade before we even arrive. I'm wanting to get to the park before it opens.

Um, I just read this on the Universal website:

"Upgrade your Season Pass to an Annual Pass at any ticket booth or inside the Park at the Universal Box Office. Your expiration date will be 12-months from the date of first visit using your Season Pass. "

We got 3 months free at the end of our initial seasonal pass purchase, which extended us until January. It's the only reason we chose to come to Universal in December. Does this mean we can't gain admission to Universal on the concert day because 12 months from our first visit using our seasonal pass was technically October?

Um, I just read this on the Universal website:

"Upgrade your Season Pass to an Annual Pass at any ticket booth or inside the Park at the Universal Box Office. Your expiration date will be 12-months from the date of first visit using your Season Pass. "

We got 3 months free at the end of our initial seasonal pass purchase, which extended us until January. It's the only reason we chose to come to Universal in December. Does this mean we can't gain admission to Universal on the concert day because 12 months from our first visit using our seasonal pass was technically October?

I don't think they will do that. I think the expiration date will just stay the same. You could definitely give them a call to ask though. There is a dedicated annual pass hotline. You can upgrade at the hotel ticket desk. Not sure about over the phone since they will need to issue you a new AP anyways.

So, we arrive on Thursday, December 12 for a 7 night stay. Mannheim dates are the 14th and 15th. We were going to get Seasonal APs, but that means we miss US for two days of our stay. Can I buy a 4 or 5 day pass and then upgrade to a Seasonal AP on either the 14th or 15th? I know I have to upgrade before the pass expires, but do I have to be in the park to upgrade or can I do that from hotel (RPR). Thanks!

ETA: Can I upgrade ticket bought at Undercover Tourist, or just ones bought directly from UO?

Last edited:
So, we arrive on Thursday, December 12 for a 7 night stay. Mannheim dates are the 14th and 15th. We were going to get Seasonal APs, but that means we miss US for two days of our stay. Can I buy a 4 or 5 day pass and then upgrade to a Seasonal AP on either the 14th or 15th? I know I have to upgrade before the pass expires, but do I have to be in the park to upgrade or can I do that from hotel (RPR). Thanks!

ETA: Can I upgrade ticket bought at Undercover Tourist, or just ones bought directly from UO?

Yes. That is the perfect solution. You can def. buy tickets from UT and upgrade them at the hotel ticket desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter