Is January lower in price? January 2015

carlacv

Mouseketeer
contemplating on a Disney cruise (preferrably 7 days) to see castaway island. Is the beg of January a good time and are prices lower then? Two families would be joining us. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
:drive:

Yes. Basically, when schools are in session are the low season prices.

Note that winter tends to have rougher seas in the Caribbean. Also water temp on CC is a bit chilly.

I'd say best time would be early May (before school ends) or November, when hurricane season ends.

YES! We cruised this past January - just after New Years but before the kids went back to school. Prices were substantially lower then, and the weather was beautiful. Yes - the water on Castaway Cay was chilly, but we didn't care. Its a great time of the year to cruise IMO.

Jodie

Thank you all for your input I guess now I have to wait to see the dates and save $$ for it!

All I can say is that while it is lower it is also a gamble. I went this year on the Jan 19th cruise and CC was FREEZING! I could not enjoy it ...like at all. CC is my favorite destination so while onboard on the first day of cruise we booked a b2b for following January, I changed it to a cruise in Nov and a cruise in March. March was more expensive but kids will be on break and Nov is a great rate as well. So I think you should look at all options but if CC is really important to you I would chose November...The weather there at that time is GORGEOUS!

When you say freezing how cold? Coming from Chicago in January 60 degrees sounds nice...so what temps are we talking about?

It was cold when we went in Jan as well, we still had a good time but did not get the full CC experience. This is me on CC:

As far as exact temp, I don't remember it probably was in the 60's or less but the worst part was the wind. It was SO windy! The water was WAY too cold to swim in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter