• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth it?

AlohaPolynesian

DIS Veteran
Booked a special offer through the WDW site for BC. My only options were YC, BC, and AKL. I've stayed at YC and AKL before and didn't want to do them this trip. I really did not like YC and AKL is too far away from everything for such a quick trip (3 nights).

Now I am not really excited about my vacation and and contemplating switching to Poly for rack rate. They have garden view rooms available for $400 more than my BC room (total) with the special offer.

Will I be glad I stayed at BC and saved a few dollars? Or should I cough up the extra money to be at a resort I know I love?!

Please share your thoughts. I cannot decide!

Personally I think the Polynesian has a better theme then the Beach Club, however you got to ask yourself is the extra $400 a night worth it to switch your reservation to there?

Awwww... don't hate on BC! :rotfl:

Just kidding.... I'm one who LOVES the BC theme, and the Poly did not appeal to me at all. AKL did not appeal to me at all. If we were staying at one of those places, I really wouldn't be as excited about our trip. SO... if the extra $400 night isn't a big deal to you (to me it def. would be!!), you should switch. :thumbsup2

We've stayed at both the BC and Poly and they are both awesome resorts :). But with that said, if the $400 is doable, I would probably switch to the Poly. The BC is a beautiful resort and you can't beat being able to walk to Epcot and DHS, but the MK resort area is our favorite place to be and we love everything about the Poly.....so if it came down to deciding between the two, we would go with the Poly :goodvibes. Good luck deciding and have a magical trip :wizard:.

I just got back from the Poly and loved every minute of it! My concern is if you didn't like the Yacht Club, you have a pretty good sense of what the Beach Club represents. If you can afford to, go ahead -- bite the bullet and fork over the 400 to stay at the Poly. Then sleep off the buyers remorse of all the things you could do with 400 dollars. Wake up the next day refreshed and excited about staying at the Poly and don't look back. I think the Polynesian is just one of those places where -- when you have an opportunity to stay there, you snatch it. :cloud9: I hope you have a great trip.

I am totally one of those people that has to love where I am staying or it just won't be the same vacation experience. Not just a place to sleep. I agee with another poster that YC is a very similar feel to BC and if you didn't like YC you will most likey not like BC. We happen to love YC/BC and the Poly and have stayed at both and enjoyed it very much. However $400 is enough money that you have to give it some real thought. If you are truly going to be unhappy and the money is not an issue then I would switch to the Poly. If you can enjoy yourself at BC then I would take the $400 and spend it else where on the property maybe doing something you haven't done before. Hopefully when you really think it through you will come up with what works best. Good luck and have an awsome trip. :goodvibes

I also prefer the Poly theme to the BC, but it's only 3 nights and the BC is in a GREAT location. Also, their refurbed rooms look really nice (very similar to the refurbed rooms at BWI, which we LOVED when we stayed there last year). I would say save your money and try the BC.

i agree with pps that say if you didn't like yc you most likely won't like bc. we stayed at bc last year and loved it. we also liked the poly the year before that. It sounds like you really want to stay at the poly though so I would go with your heart if the money doesn't matter. We like to try different resorts but know that others have their favorites and like to stay at the same place most if not all of the time.

Thanks guys. Talked with my mom and said it isn't worth it to do Poly for that much more. She said she is more interested in AKL than the BC though, so I may be switching to that.

Thanks so much for your input!!

I have been trying to get over to AKL for a while now. :goodvibes I just can't part with the Poly, not yet anyway. Either way, its good to be in your shoes, you have so many wonderful options. Have a great trip. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter