• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it possible CSR is going to be Deluxe after renovations?

It was a good question - I was honestly wondering the same thing.

I think it will stay Moderate but I think it will be a higher tier Moderate ( like the difference between AoA and All Stars ).

If the rumor that Disney will move away from any "categories" and there will no longer be value/moderate/deluxe is true ... then it will be more about price points, locations and amenities. I think this will likely price point much higher than the others in it's current category much like the gap between AoA LM rooms and ASMu regular rooms are usually quite a gap. And that gap will grow even bigger once the gondola is done.

If the rumor that Disney will move away from any "categories" and there will no longer be value/moderate/deluxe is true ... then it will be more about price points, locations and amenities. I think this will likely price point much higher than the others in it's current category much like the gap between AoA LM rooms and ASMu regular rooms are usually quite a gap. And that gap will grow even bigger once the gondola is done.
Agreed. They actually do the separation of "Good", "Better", "Best" within the categories now. They just don't market it that way. It won't matter to most guest. They know their budget and will stay where they want to/ can. It's not a bad thing. It's how every hotel chain prices their hotels. I know which are my favs and will continue to patronize them according to my budget at the time.

Will regular guests be able to stay in the tower? Or do you think that's solely going to be geared towards convention guests?

I’m sure anyone, just like now. They won’t care where the money comes from. I think it will be very popular, especially fireworks view rooms.

Since DHS fireworks are minimal I wouldn’t be surprised if the new illuminations has more higher fireworks due to the two towers being built with views.

Does anyone know if there are plans to add a pool and hot tub at the tower? I haven't read anything about adding a pool. That's a lot of rooms to add without additional recreational amenities. This is my pet peeve with this construction. It's only rooms and another restaurant.

Does anyone know if there are plans to add a pool and hot tub at the tower? I haven't read anything about adding a pool. That's a lot of rooms to add without additional recreational amenities. This is my pet peeve with this construction. It's only rooms and another restaurant.

I completely agree - that's a big concern of mine. The pools haven't been very busy in my last two visits (last week and December 2017), but that could certainly change, especially if CSR becomes more popular. I also wonder if they will deploy more buses to the resort with that many more people potentially staying there.

What about POFQ - maybe it will turn into a Good since it only has a boat to Disney Springs :)

The resorts with the monorail or sky gondola will go to Better or Best

Just my 2 cents ;)

I’m sure anyone, just like now. They won’t care where the money comes from. I think it will be very popular, especially fireworks view rooms.

Since DHS fireworks are minimal I wouldn’t be surprised if the new illuminations has more higher fireworks due to the two towers being built with views.

What TWO towers? CSR and? Riveria?

Given what kind of convention pricing can be had on blocks at YC/BWI/BC for the major "deluxe" convention center at Boardwalk, I would expect CSR's tower to remain more in a moderate price range, with a lower price tier for convention block rooms. The purpose of the center at CSR is not to compete with the Boardwalk center, but to provide a lower-budget/smaller space for mid-size cons.

Now, rack rate for when blocks aren't in use? Anyone's guess.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter