Is it me or did the rates change for Easter? for the better? :)

cburek

Mouseketeer
We are booked to travel 4/4-4/9 this year and were staying offsite to try and keep the costs down. I just happened to look at the disney website again today and while playing around with the prices I noticed its pricing less than when I had originally looked. Previously when I looked a woods view bunkbed room at WL was pricing around $450 a night and now the rate is 292 a night. So I called Disney and spoke with a CM and she says "its a special rate" that they are running good during Easter. So now I booked the WL for 3 nights instead of offsite.:yay:
Looks like 1-4 nights gives a certain % off and 5+ gives like 5% more off. I cannot see anywhere on Disneys website where is shows these dates but I got it. Pays to keep checking

Something similar happened for me last year over Easter during the 4/3 deal. It wasn't advertised but when I entered my dates going through the specials link--I got the deal---when the web site was clearly stating the special wasn't good over Easter--I too called CRO and they confirmed "limited availability special"

Just for kicks I tried entering some dates over Easter at a POP this year.

Clicking through regular link: $160/night for 5 nights 4/4/-4/9
clicking through specials link: $112/night " "
clicking through specials link: $120/night for 4 nights 4/5- 4/9
So I did the math and its a 30% discount for 5 nights or more and 25% for 1-4 nights.

So, maybe this information will help more of our fellow DIS'rs.

We had already booked WL room only with AAA discount for 4/6 - 4/12. We had just decided tonight it was too much money ($2,500 total for 6 nights room only) and I called tonight to move to the PC and book a pkg. (room/tks/ddp was $2,800).

CM Lindsay said she had good news. The discount rates that were previously not available for Easter week now were. She said this was just announced today and I was her first customer she had booked. She was the most lovely woman and was almost as excited as we were. We immediately booked the pkg.

Total package at WL, 6 day MYWPH, DDP for 2 adults/2 children was $3,512 with the trip ins. The discount code is QOY. Without the discount, I had previously priced the pkg. at $4,390 w/o trip ins.

Thank you so much for the post. I have friends that are going Easter Week and you just saved them a bunch !!

Great to hear everyone. Im glad now because I was starting to wonder if maybe this was a mistake. I didnt want to have to cancel my other reservations offsite to then find out I would be paying a higher rate at Disney.
Hope more people can take advantage of it..I dont think the rates are bad all now.Thank you for for your replies

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You just saved me lots of $$$!!! They wanted to charge me the $50 change fee, so I added the dining plan ( which I was thinking about doing anyway) so the package price ended up just a little higher and I didn't have to pay the change fee! Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the post. I have friends that are going Easter Week and you just saved them a bunch !!

My friend called this morning and she saved a bunch of money on her ressie:thumbsup2 Thanks OP

We are booked at the Poly for 4/2-4/10. I am buying an Annual Pass to get the AP rate. So I ran the numbers this morning and here's how the newly available discount rate compared. If I booked a garden view room at Poly for those 8 nights with DDP (the plus plan with 1 table service and 1 quick service per night) and 4 Park Hopper tickets (2 adults, 2 kids), I would still pay $15 more than I'm paying now. The price I'm paying now is the same room, same dining plan, and I'm buying 3 Park Hoppers and 1 adult Annual Pass. So I figure the price is about the same but I'm getting an AP that we might be able to use again sometime in the next year. Who knows?

It's great that the discounts have opened up. Although the website still shows Easter week as a blackout period, just try it anyway. It is giving rates for that week. But look into buying the AP. You can't access the AP site to check rates if you haven't bought the AP already, but you can call and get the AP rate even if you haven't purchased the AP already.

Awesome ! Another great find from the DIS :thumbsup2. I already have the free QS pin (upgraded to regular dining :banana:) for my 6 night package at POP. Just called and was able to apply the special offer rate to my room only for the last night :cool1:. Another $45 saved !

:disrocks::thanks:

FYI, I also checked and the gift card offer is now valid during this time too .

I ran the numbers and I'm still better off with my free QS dining pin, but this might be better for some others.

This is great news! So glad that everyone so far has been able to get a better rate. I feel so much better too knowing that others are taking advantage of this.I guess that maybe Disney isnt as full as I first thought :) Although Im sure it still will be packed but thats ok. We are only going to enjoy the weather and maybe do a park 1 or 2 days. So glad we get to spend some time at the WL. It was great last year in July. I imagine its even better in April.:cheer2:

I am SOOO excited....this just happend to me too!!!! I just called to add the ddp and park hopper tickets for our 7 night stay at POR....I just happened to ask if there were any discounts available (knowing very well that everything was blacked out during this week....) AND the lady whose name is Diamond was super sweet checked everything....at first she said OH! I think they have lifted the gift card band for that week...then she came back and said no that they had not...BUT that they did have a 35% discount that they could offer us....We just saved TONS of money.....I am skipping around the house do the Disney Jig!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Good Luck to all of you....:banana::banana::banana:

Happy Discounts:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Just called and saved $677.28 off our March 31-April 8th trip:goodvibes:goodvibes

I tried to add Saturday 4/10 onto our gift card package that is due to begin 4/11 and was told that the package is still being blacked out Easter week. I was able to book a room only at Pop for Saturday night, and hopefully we won't have to change rooms. Rate was $133 including tax for 3 adults and one child. Much easier to swallow than the $175 that I was quoted earlier.

Jennifer

I tried to add Saturday 4/10 onto our gift card package that is due to begin 4/11 and was told that the package is still being blacked out Easter week. I was able to book a room only at Pop for Saturday night, and hopefully we won't have to change rooms. Rate was $133 including tax for 3 adults and one child. Much easier to swallow than the $175 that I was quoted earlier.

Jennifer

I would call again - I am on the phone right now getting a discount for 3/31-4/8.

This is right.I just checked the gift card promo and while it available during This time, it is not a better deal for us since we do not need tickets.hope alot more can take advantage of this

I happened upon this thread last night after dinner and boy am I glad I did! We are heading down for a quick 5 day trip over Easter and I was able to upgrade from CSR to WL for only $150.00 more!! :cool1:We love WL and have wanted to return there for a while so now we are even more excited for this trip (if that is possible!). Thanks again.

I happened upon this thread last night after dinner and boy am I glad I did! We are heading down for a quick 5 day trip over Easter and I was able to upgrade from CSR to WL for only $150.00 more!! :cool1:We love WL and have wanted to return there for a while so now we are even more excited for this trip (if that is possible!). Thanks again.
I'm so happy for you. We are doing the same thing, a quick trip during Easter and now we can spend a fews days on site.We stayed last year at WL and so happy to be returning this time. Have a great trip

Looks like several of us will be at the WL during Easter week, including my family. Hope everyone has a good time, while we are enjoying the savings!

Janet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter