Is it difficult to get in to see a movie?

drdelsol

Proud papa
I was just curious if there is a need to get in line very early to catch a movie? I want to see Pirates next week but was hoping to not have to wait a long time.

We showed up about 10 minutes before the movie started and just walked right into the theater and was able to find seats with no problems at all.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by xnascar2x
We showed up about 10 minutes before the movie started and just walked right into the theater and was able to find seats with no problems at all.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Same here during our August cruise, we really enjoyed POC!!!

I've never encountered a line when going to the Buena Vista Theater...However, the theater gets crowded for popular movies....I saw "Signs" onboard , and it had just been released in theaters the previous week....it was packed....also,FYI the seats are very narrow

We went to one of the last showings of POC on the 8/2 cruise. We thought that it would be empty because it had already been shown several times before. WRONG! The theatre was jam-packed.

DD and myself got seats, DH sat on the steps. Eventually, someone left and he got a seat.

As for Spy Kids 3-D and Chicago, they were pretty empty.

Finding Nemo was pretty full. They had a large section reserved for the kids club crowd.

FYI....the very back row of the theatre is definately more narrow than the other rows....

We always get there a bit early to get choice of seats....but people are always walking in after the movie starts and it is distracting. Just with anything else...being there on time is a courtesy to all.

MJ

here's an idea........order room service before you go! I went to a midnite movie of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Two people came in and sat beside me with a plate of cookies and milk! What a great idea!!! Makes popcorn look stale!:p

Originally posted by pal2pluto
here's an idea........order room service before you go! I went to a midnite movie of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Two people came in and sat beside me with a plate of cookies and milk! What a great idea!!! Makes popcorn look stale!:p

Good idea, will have to remember that for next time!!!

It depends on how popular the movie is....on our cruise, POC was being shown in the Walt Disney and it was packed....I went to see Bringing down the House in the Buena Vista theatre and walked right in at show time and had no problem getting a seat.....Andy

It was very cold in the theater during our cruise. We went to see Chicago, it was about half full (10:30PM show). I went to see Bringing Down the HOuse and took the spare blanket that was in the closet with me. Several others at the show commented that they wished they had thought of doing that.

DS went to see POC on 8/16 cruise. He said it was standing room only! Oh well so we paid to see it when we got home.

We were on the Wonder and saw 3 movies, 2 of them there were about 25 people in the theater the other one maybe 6 people so it was nice and empty in there....the one time that only 6 were in there was the noisiest since two of them had those darn 2 way radios and they kept going off during the movie, VERY annoying!!

The biggest problem we had was staying awake. After running around on the ship all day, we were unable to stay awake for the late evening movies.

It had nothing to do with the movies, they were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter