• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it busy during Veteran's Day????

kwilliams

Earning My Ears
We have a trip planned for Nov 5-11 2006. I know it is along way in advance, but it is for 28 people (9 families)! Anyways i put alot of time into picking a good week that would have heavy crowds. I want to avoid the crowds we had during spring break last year. So while i am getting quotes from the AAA agent she tells me i better put a deposit down soon because it is really busy. I know it is busy closer to thanksgiving, but is it that busy the first week of november? Veteran's Day is on the saturday we are leaving. Any comments on this would be appreciated! Thank you.

We were there last VD weekend for 4 nights and the crowds were not that bad at all. It does get busy around Thanksgiving but you are going so early that should not be a problem at all.

I think during the week it should be pretty slow. We went over the Weekend Thurs - Sun and had a great time! You should have no problems at all!

Have a great time!

Hi, we're going THIS year from Nov. 5-9 (Sat-Wed, Veteran's Day is that Friday) so I can tell you how busy it was when we get back. We assume it won't be bad.

Good luck waiting a whole year!

Thanks, that makes me feel better. Yeah, it will be hard waiting so long. everyone in the group thinks i am crazy for planning it so far in advance, but if i didn't we would never go! Once they have their deposits in i have them pretty much hooked:)
thanks again!

My family (11 people) are going this year 11/4-11/12/05. I will be at DL on Veterans Day. I will let you know how the crowds are. It is a Friday this year. Also, small world re-opens that day for the holiday overlay. I really hope it is not too busy, that is my favorite ride!!

We went 2 years ago and it was AWFUL!
We were shocked how bad it was. I CM told us that it was because the holiday decorations were going up and and that a lot of people come for that. It was really bad on Sunday and Monday - we went to DCA and that was way better.
I will never go to DL on Veterans Sunday or Monday again. So there's one less person - LOL!

My word! That's certainly not what all us VD travelers want to hear! I sure hope earlier in the week is quiet as we hope, we will be leaving on Wednesday before the holiday weekend crowds arrive!

I wonder if it is the days following VD that are the busiest. Since that is the day we leave maybe it will be better. Also i heard somewhere that DL is starting their holiday fireworks on VD this year. So maybe it is towards the end of the week that is busiest when the fireworks start? Since we are there all week maybe we will go to Knotts on friday:)

hookedup said:
We went 2 years ago and it was AWFUL!
We were shocked how bad it was. I CM told us that it was because the holiday decorations were going up and and that a lot of people come for that. It was really bad on Sunday and Monday - we went to DCA and that was way better.
I will never go to DL on Veterans Sunday or Monday again. So there's one less person - LOL!

So, two years ago was VD on a wednesday and the awful days were on the following sunday/monday or was it busy the whole time? Sorry, i am trying to find a loophole to make myself feel better :teeth:

I honestly think you will be fine the week before. Do not go to Knott's on VD! It is a ZOO!!! During the month of Nov Knott's runs a special for Active and retired military. It is free for them and only a few $'s for their family members to go. We make the mistake every year and go on VD and the crowds are so bad that we leave and go to DL by the afternoon. Veteran's Day weekend tends to a little busy at Knott's because of the special that they are running. The special lasts for a few weeks but the holiday weekend is when most military tend to have time to travel.

We've done Labor Day Weekend twice. Last year was wonderful! Sooooo nice Saturday was busy but it was still workable.

In 2002 it was 50/50. The first two days were rainy, really rainy, but the parks ;were dead. The next two days were gorgeous weather wise, upper 80's but it was sooooooo packed!!!!

We might be there again this Veteran's Day we are still debating between DL or San Diego :cool1:

i am really looking forward to hearing from you folks who are going this year!

One more thing, if for some reason it is pretty busy, would it be better to move the trip to the first full week in december (3-9 2006)? or does that have the potential to be just as bad due to the cast member parties and the candlight procession?

We'll be at DL on Veteran's Day and the weekend following. I'm not worried -- honestly, it's still Disneyland, and it will still be amazingly fun whether or not it's a little crowded. Besides, the idea of "crowded" is pretty subjective. My husband and I were honeymooning at WDW over Christmas week 2003 and were at the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day. The crowd had reached 60,000 (capacity) by 11:00am -- THAT was crowded. But we still had a ton of fun! Years ago, my mom, sister and my friend and I were at Disneyland over Spring Break the day Indiana Jones opened. We waited in line for that ride for 3 hours. But we still had a great day!

It's all in your state of mind, people. Book your trips for what works best for you and your families, and enjoy yourselves. :)

I don't know how midweek would be that December week but I will tell you this: DO NOT go there on a Saturday in December. We went on I think December 8 (Saturday) about three years ago and it was the busiest I had ever seen it in my entire life, including summertime. It was truly awful and really put a bad Disney taste in our mouth. Of course it didn't last too long though, as we've been once since then and are headed there for four days in November!!

I think you are better off keeping your Veteran's Day week plans, but someone else might be able to give you a better informed idea.

I think that i am just worring because we need to have all the deposits in today for the suites and the DLH. Than means more money to switch dates after today. Also it isn't like it is just a group of adults going, there are quite a few kids under the age of 6. It is one thing to wait in a 3 hour line with adults, it is a whole new experience with a 3 year old or even a six year old. I am sticking with VDay, but i would still like to hear from everyone going on Vday in a few months if you remember:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter