Is HH in July impossible at 7 months?

Minnie*Mouse

Mouseketeer
We want to go to HH for 2 weeks in July 2002 and are worried that we won't be able to get reservations 7 months out?

And if we aren't able to get HH, even after being on the waitlist, I'm concerned I won't be able to get ANY resort. (We own at BWV)

Please let me know your experience with this or your opinions. Thanks!

I should have mentioned HH in July OR August.:D

I got HH at exactly 7 months out. It was my first try so I don't know the chances of this happening. I got a 1 BR July 29-August 3. It was probably pure luck and a truckload of pixie dust!:p

Last summer I wanted to try HH. I called during Christmas holidays and gave them several dates (quite a few dates, actually) to choose from. Nothing was available for any of them. Then I said, "I will take ANYthing available in June or July (I am a teacher). They had 1 2BR unit available for the last week of July. Even though it was just me and my mother, I took it. The resort is small and it was booked solid while we were there. We loved it there, and I did a small add-on recently so I can have the 11 month booking advantage. You may get lucky like I did; good luck!

We got on the wait list in January for July trip. If you do have to wait list make sure to be put on a day by day basis. We just got calls confirming all the days we wanted but one. I'm hoping the pixie dust will work for that one also. It is hard to use points as HH as not as many memberships have been sold so there is alot of cash inventory we're up against. We have been three times and enjoyed every trip. We are in the process of buying a resale now.

"And if we aren't able to get HH, even after being on the waitlist, I'm concerned I won't be able to get ANY resort. (We own at BWV)"

Why not book BWV at the 11 month window and then trying to switch to HH at 7 months?

Ralph

Ralph, I was wondering about that! I wasn't sure if I could book BW and then change over to HHI!!!

Thanks for the hint!!!

We settled on an OKW resale in April and waitlisted immediately for a studio or one br or two br the week of July 15.

The studio came through in three parts the following weeks and the one br opened up in the middle of May.

So, we got what we wanted two months out.

Advice - waitlist day by day- as things open up you'll get them. Also, make them call you to confirm - this way you'll know what you have.

Ok, let me get this straight...call them exactly 7 months from the first day I want to stay at HH. If this day is not available ask to be put on the waitlist. Repeat this everyday until I get all the days I want, 7 months out?

Also, another question, what if the date I want falls on a weekend? Will they book on Friday for the Sat and Sun, dates or do I have to wait until Monday to book Sat and Sun 7 months out?

Does this make any sense? Hope I didn't confuse anyone! :D

Yes, you have to wait until Monday.

And you can do it each day if you want.

When you waitlist, ask for it day by day. That way, you can piece the week together.

For instance, so far, we have Sun-Wed in a 1 br and we are hoping for Thu to open. If not, its okay.

Downside is that you might be missing a night - but its easier to do that than to hope for all or none. If I had requested all or none, we would not have gotten the four nights we have!

Keep in mind that HH is the smallest DVC resort (102 villas). Only 21 1BR's, 21 Studios and 5 GV's. The rest are dedicated 2BR's.

7 month reservations, while not impossible, will be challenging during the summer months. You might want to consider posting on the Rent/Trade Board to "switch" reservations with a HH member so you can make your 2 week ressie 11 months ahead and make one for them at your home resort.

Once HH is sold out, even owners there will find it difficult to get reservations during June,July and August- the high demand months. (DVC is still predicting HH to sell out this year.)

Good luck!

But what about May at 7 months out--I'm assuming with kids not out of school yet and spring breaks well over that this is pretty doable.

But you know what happens when you assume...
Nick
;)

My wife and I wanted to book a 2BR at HH for us and her brothers and sisters this July. I began calling at 7 months prior and, to my surprise could only get 2 studios. I was surprised because I had read that these accomodations were in short supply at HH. I made the reservations and put us on a waitlist for 4 different weeks in July. Around April things started to become available. We ended up having our choice of about 3 weeks for the 2BR stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter