Is HDDR & Whispering Canyon meal redundant?

Kris-PA

Earning My Ears
Hello. This is our 4th trip in 5 years. My DH wants to try different restaurants this time. I was thinking about doing HDDR and Whispering Canton in addition to a few others. It seems that the meal served at HDDR is the same as the all you can eat skillet at WC. Is the HDDR really worth the expense of the entertainment if you can get the same meal plus the antics at WC for less? Since my DH wants to try different places this trip, I'm worried it might be redundant if we do both. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

"Worth" is a relative term so I can't answer that. At WC they do have other things on the menu besides the skillet, but you're right, the chicken, ribs, etc are similar to HDDR. The HDDR is an actual dinner show, whereas WC as you point out only has "antics" ( which can be amusing though ). Since the cost of a skillet for two and drinks, desert, tax, tip etc will be close to the cost of the HDDR anyway, give the HDDR a shot and see what you think.
Good luck!

Do you want difference in food, atmosphere or both?

As the previous poster mentioned, the WC has more than just the skillet to offer. If you select off the menu the food will be different, to some extent. For my money, I'd select the HDDR if you haven't seen the show before. Then select a totally different restaurant for another meal.

You didn't mention which places you've been to before or what you prefer. The BoardWalk, Y&B Club, PO/Riverside, CB, GF, Poly and AKL Resorts in particular each offer several choices that are all different in many aspects.

HDDR is a "show" the dinner at WL is the wait staff hamming to upa nd depends on how "on" they feel that day.

IMHO the HDD is a really corny, HeeHaw type show. However I am in the minority in my family. The kids can really go nuts and its okay. When they bring out the washboards and spoons it is a real Kodak moment. It will also take more time to do the show versus a dinner at the lodge. When we were leaving all the little ones were singing the HDD song all the way to the boat ride back to MK.

it is a personal preference.

jo

Thanks for the replies. I think we'll take Margie's advice... we're going to try HDDR this trip & WC the next trip. It's just one more thing to give us a reason to come back!

I don't think HDDR & WC are in the same league. I think HDDR is far superior. Its a show and its performers are always enthusiastic. The food is wonderful. WC depends on the wait staff. (similar to a prime time cafe)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter