Is GCH Worth it?

We are very fortunate to be able to stay at the Grand Californian and we love it. Theming is okay ... Disneyland hotel is hands down the best in terms of magical .. but the location of the grand is why we keep coming back! it is SO convenient

I agree with this. Although my family also loves the arts and crafts theming. We also love the set up of the room. Yes they are smaller but we feel like the space is efficient with the bathroom having double sinks and the sinks/changing area are separate from the shower. It's not everyone's style but it allows us to stagger getting ready in the mornings better.

I'd say if you have always wanted to try it and you have tried the others then go for it. It is a beautiful hotel. I'm sure you know that if you go this year there will renovations ongoing. My family will probably skip it this time and try the Disneyland Hotel instead only because we haven't been there since they redid their rooms and this was the push we needed to try it again.

Shouldn't the lobby renovations be taking place at that time? I would normally say the GCH in your situation, but if the lobby is being renovated, not so sure. It's one of the biggest things about the GCH that I like, other than proximity.

What MaleficientRN said about GCH not being "Disney" enough ... actually that's kind of true. I've always thought of the PPH of being the least "Disney" but the GCH isn't traditionally "Disney" either. But it's nice enough, especially the common areas, that it doesn't matter as much to me. It's more lodge-themed than anything else, but it's beautiful.

The walk through DTD isn't "rough." It can be a little crowded, but unless she's not steady on her feet, she should be fine. An active 60-something shouldn't have a problem, I wouldn't think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter