Is Fantasmic dinner package still part of the dining plan?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to make reservations for Fantasmic dinner package and in the upper right corner of the screen it specifies that dining plans are not accepted and it requires a credit card guarantee.

I'm ok with the credit card guarantee, but I want it for the dining plan. This use to be a 1 credit meal (even in 2012) deal.

Has this changed, now? or am I misinterpreting?

It's still on the dining plan (fixed menu for mama melrose, buffet for h&v and 2TS credit for Brown Derby)

The WDW website displays funny things about the dining plan. (in my case it says "select dining plans not accepted", for every restaurant, and I can't even book online, I need to call ...)

Don't worry, you can still pay with your DP credit

has anyone booked MaMa Melrose for 1 credit per person for the Fantasmic dinner package lately? I'm especially interested in 2013.

When you go to Disney's dining package info it does not mention anything about the Fantasmic dinner package being allowed on the dining plan in the 2013 brochure. It mentions other dinner shows, but not this one.

I know Disney probably doesn't want to advertise this option so much; so, maybe, info is scarce.

Help, please. I'm a very cautious person. I tried for lunch and dinner both under the Fantasmic package and both say the dining plan is not accepted.

and they are saying the Fantasmic dinner package is still good on the 2013 plan.

I told her about the screen issue and she says it stills ok.

We had the same issue last year; made a phone call and they were able to schedule it for us without a problem. Website wouldn't allow it because I was trying to reserve past the allowable Fantasmic dining time.

Just in case you had not seen it elsewhere, be aware that at Mama Melrose you no longer get to choose your dessert off the menu. They bring a dessert sampler plate to the table for everyone to share. You do still get to choose your own app and entree.

sharonabe said:
Just in case you had not seen it elsewhere, be aware that at Mama Melrose you no longer get to choose your dessert off the menu. They bring a dessert sampler plate to the table for everyone to share. You do still get to choose your own app and entree.

The dessert sampler is sooooo yummy! My family loves it!

We did Mama Melroses Fantasmic last Aug and we are doing it again next month. It is a great use of Dining Plan credit and we LOVE Mama Melroses .... the Sangria is delicious!

has anyone booked MaMa Melrose for 1 credit per person for the Fantasmic dinner package lately? I'm especially interested in 2013.

We did it in Feb of 2013, it was one TS credit per person, vouchers given to us at the end of the meal after we paid the bill.

Here's pics of the food off the Fantasmic! menu. You order dinner, aps, and you're given a dessert sampler. Sorry for the blue glow, I may have ordered alcohol and gotten a little tipsy.

We did Mama Melroses Fantasmic last Aug and we are doing it again next month. It is a great use of Dining Plan credit and we LOVE Mama Melroses .... the Sangria is delicious!

We thought MM was OK, certainly the best of the two one credit Fantasmic! meals. But the dessert sampler we got was nasty, practically inedible. The desserts offered change regularly and their quality is highly variable.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be too excited about dessert until I saw it and knew what I was getting. :goodvibes

Love the Sangria! :)

Yes, I have it booked for the Fantasmic Package for a lunch reservation for our group of 12 in mid-Sept.

Snagged the Free Dining Plan in early Sept. I made a Fantasmic Package reservation at Mama Melrose, but the only thing they had available was 3:50pm. I made it anyway.

Now - do you guys think it's worth it to do the Fantasmic Package? I'm wondering if crowds will just be super light in early September and I won't have to worry. Just trying to figure it out because I'd rather not have dinner that early and there are some restaurants like 50's Prime Time and the Sci Fi ones that look better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter