Is Downtown Disney a long walk?

Carol

Living the DREAM
How far of a walk is DTD from the motels on Harbor Blvd and can you get to it without having to go through one of the parks?

I was just there a couple of weeks ago, so I can answer one question...no, you don't walk through either park to get to DTD. It's out in the open and free, except for parking. If you do drive, you can park and get your ticket validated at the movie theatre or a restaurant for free parking.

Not too sure about your other question...we stayed at the DL Hotel, and it was my first time there, so I'm not all that familiar with the surroundings and the roads (I remember Harbor Blvd, but not exactly where it is). It is a pretty congested area though and lots of things are close together.

It depends on where on Harbor you are. It is not a far walk at all from the area where the shuttle and pedestrian entrance is to DL/DCA. Of course if your hotel is far down Harbor away from that entrance then you will need to add in that distance.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>

I got an aerial of the DL Resort & labeled the areas -- this should give you an idea how close everything is:
DD = Downtown Disney
DH = Disneyland Hotel
GC = Grand Californian Hotel
PP = Paradise Pier Hotel

Downtown Disney is flanked by the Disneyland Hotel and the Disneyland/DCA themeparks

DLaerial.jpg

As for Downtown Disney parking, the first three hours are free. If you get your ticket validated at a restaurant or movie, you get an additional two hours (not cumulative, though). The rate after that is $6/hour or $2/20 minutes.

Thank you MaryJo. We are staying at the BW Park Place Inn, right across the street. We are not renting a car so we were hoping everything would be close. Your picture is great.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>I've been having a lot of fun at mapquest:
Mapquest

They've now added aerial views in addition to the maps - one tab gives you the map the other tab gives you the aerial view. As you zoom in or out, the aerial reflects the same view -- ultra cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter