Is DLR still getting a 4th hotel?

Yes. My memory is a little fuzzy but here's what I remember... They're supposed to break ground in 2018, completion 2021. They haven't announced the name or theme yet but put out some great ambiguous artwork that should work with most any theme. For sure it will be a "deluxe" hotel with a club level. There will be a restaurant from which you can see DL fireworks. Look for it to target GCH level clientele & possibly compete with the new luxury hotels coming to Anaheim in the next decade.

ETA: corrected dates!

Last edited:
Yes. My memory is a little fuzzy but here's what I remember... They're supposed to break ground in 2020 or some very far away date like that. They haven't announced the name or theme yet but put out some great ambiguous artwork that should work with most any theme. For sure it will be a "deluxe" hotel with a club level. There will be a restaurant from which you can see DL fireworks. Look for it to target GCH level clientele & possibly compete with the new luxury hotels coming to Anaheim in the next decade.

Thank you! I hadn't heard anything about it in so long i was starting to think I'd imagined it, but I guess with a 2020 groundbreaking that makes sense! : )

Because of the new tax incentives to encourage building luxury hotels to the Anahiem area, Disney has announces plans to build one, maybe two, new luxury hotels.

How "luxury?" Hard to say, somehow all WDW Deluxes have 4-diamond standing with AAA (that would qualify for the tax reduction), but really aren't all that luxurious relative to higher-end chains.

Because of the new tax incentives to encourage building luxury hotels to the Anahiem area, Disney has announces plans to build one, maybe two, new luxury hotels.

How "luxury?" Hard to say, somehow all WDW Deluxes have 4-diamond standing with AAA (that would qualify for the tax reduction), but really aren't all that luxurious relative to higher-end chains.

I think luxury level is determined by amenities offered. Not sure what you don't find luxury about a WDW deluxe hotel, but I'm sure they aren't the only deemed luxury hotels that fail to meet the requirements of the best hotels in NY.

I think luxury level is determined by amenities offered. Not sure what you don't find luxury about a WDW deluxe hotel, but I'm sure they aren't the only deemed luxury hotels that fail to meet the requirements of the best hotels in NY.

diamond_red.jpg
diamond_red.jpg
diamond_red.jpg
diamond_red.jpg
Refined, stylish with upscale physical attributes, extensive amenities and a high degree of hospitality, service and attention to detail.​

At the Y&B Club, one nearly has to stand in the shower to close the bathroom door (are we are relatively fit). We still joke about it...not exactly the Four Seasons...
Yacht%20Club%20Bathroom.jpg

Last edited:
I swear I had read that they'd be building it on the existing Downtown Disney parking lot. I will try to find the article.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/hotel-718500-disneyland-city.html

Edited to add the article

Yep, I found the same synopses in another article. The slideshow in your link shows some design concepts and location on an aerial photo.

Disney proposes a 700-room, four-diamond hotel and a parking structure on 10 acres at 1401 Disneyland Drive, at the north end of the Downtown Disney parking lot. Construction would start in 2018, with a slated opening in 2021.

...somehow all WDW Deluxes have 4-diamond standing with AAA (that would qualify for the tax reduction), but really aren't all that luxurious relative to higher-end chains.
It's the same out here. GCH and DLH are 4-diamond properties, actually they are the only 4-diamond AAA properties in Anaheim right now. I don't expect the new property to compete amenity to amenity with the mainstream luxury properties coming online in Anaheim but I do believe they will target the same clientele with the promise of extra park hours and Disney bubble magic in place of those additional amenities.

I can't wait to find out the actual theme of the new hotel!!!

Last edited:
The hotel is slated to open in 2021. Disney must spend $225, 000 per room to get the 4 diamond rating. The location will be behind downtown disney in the area around ESPN and rainforest cafe. It looks like it will border the new star wars land, so some have speculated a separate entrance to resort guests. No new info has been given as far as theme, if dvc will be built etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter