Is Disney using Magic Band to shows who's naughty or nice?

Bigbearsg

Mouseketeer
I have now read a couple of post on facebook that Disney is using Magic Band to put on your records that if you Complain a lot or leave your room a mess. Then the next time you book they put you into a not so nice room. If you are good then you get up grades and freebee's.

You think this is true or fake news?

I'd be happy if they'd just remember I'd been there before. Only Kona Cafe did with a nice card at our table welcoming us back!
I regularly stay at the Poly and the first question out of every CM whenever I check in, after I give them my credit card and name and they've brought up reservation is -"Is this your first time here?"

That sounds fake but they are definitely gathering a ton of data from those bands. I haven't seen obvious examples of how it is being used.

So resorts do keep "lists" of people that regularly complain and/or cause problems on their properties. This is true of most major hotel chains. I would assume Disney does the same. If you get put on the "list" so to speak then the information would be in your account...not that you could see it but internal Disney employees could. So, to the extent the MB gives access to your Disney account then yes someone at Disney, by scanning your band, could see this information, in theory.

All the magic bands do is give a way to access your account information. If they wanted to make notes on who's "naughty or nice", they could do that long before the advent of magic bands. I have no doubt that they would make notes on problem guests, but I don't believe it is in order to give you a better or worse room. If you cause repeated problems, they can simply ban you from the property.

I don’t doubt that they keep some sort of records, but it has nothing to do with the magic bands, and it’s not just when you are “naughty”. We have had comments made to us by CM’s, at check-in, that we have stayed at Disney a lot, which is true. Once when we got a fantastic upgrade, I asked the CM how we managed to get it. The response was “you fit the profile”.

I don’t doubt that they keep some sort of records, but it has nothing to do with the magic bands, and it’s not just when you are “naughty”. We have had comments made to us by CM’s, at check-in, that we have stayed at Disney a lot, which is true. Once when we got a fantastic upgrade, I asked the CM how we managed to get it. The response was “you fit the profile”.

I'm happy you were remembered. I am with Skywise. They never seem to know that I have been there before. once, I was asked by the CM and my response was "you checked me in for my last visit THREE WEEKS AGO! It is says something when you get to know the CMs faces.

You don't need a magic band to track information on guests.

I think they track people to see how they spend their money so that they can figure out how to make you spend even more money.

Yep. I've had MANY comments on how frequently we go (and, admittedly, it is a lot.). I also suspect I've been labeled a chronic complainer; we had a (genuine, significant) issue over the summer and there was basically no effort at Guest recovery. (Please note I was not looking for Guest recovery, so that's not a complaint, just surprised.) I've written maybe two complaint letters in the past? (Unless you consider asking for a different room at check-in complaining... because they put us the exact opposite of our requests every.single.time.)

We are also allergy diners, in weird/high maintenance ways, so I'm guessing that goes in the LILO file too. (We try to be good spirited about it but there's no getting around the fact that we are hard to feed!) But... that's been happening since long before MBs. Maybe tied to the MDE profile? MBs might make it easier to track though!

Disney, like just about every other hotel chain, keeps records of complaints by guests. This is done for several reasons, among them:

1) To track problems with their rooms or service
2) To monitor how employees are handling guest problems
3) To track guests who are trying to scam the hotel with excessive complaints, looking for comps.

This has nothing to do with magic bands. And the rest of it isn't true, either. Disney probably has millions of resort guests a year, the vast majority of whom are "nice," and they're not all gonna get freebies or upgrades.

As for naughty guests...has someone who's been a royal jerk at check-in gotten a less-than-desirable room? I wouldn't be surprised if that's happened at any hotel. But would a major corporation go to the trouble and expense of instituting a tracking database just to get a little petty revenge on difficult guests? Uh, no.

I'd be happy if they'd just remember I'd been there before. Only Kona Cafe did with a nice card at our table welcoming us back!
I regularly stay at the Poly and the first question out of every CM whenever I check in, after I give them my credit card and name and they've brought up reservation is -"Is this your first time here?"

Our last trip in Dec we got a card from Le Cellier.

I wonder if I am "on the list". If I am I don't think it's fair (life's not fair, right?) because my concerns were legitimate and I was reasonable.

So, several years ago I stayed at Pop on the ground level near the water. It's just where they put me. There were lots and lots of creepy crawly bugs of different varieties throughout the room. Back then I didn't know calling the front desk from the phone didn't mean you'd actually reach someone at the resort. We'd gotten in around 11 p.m. and the kids had fallen asleep on top of the beds but I was still going to move them but the "front desk" never got back to me that night. I called in the morning and they said they were sending someone out shortly and it would be taken care of while we were at the parks. Long story short, the bugs kept coming (maybe because we were so close to the water?) and since no one ever came to do anything about the bugs we were offered a comped night which we took.

Then, at the Yacht Club we requested a room change because we were between an arguing family of six and a family with a crying baby. When the arguing finally stopped on one side, the crying would begin on the other. We decided not to change because we were offered a room which looked over the center roof or something... no greenery at all and moving all our stuff again would be such a pain. Then when we were done at AK one night there was a bus fiasco where buses going to the Boardwalk kept showing up at the Yacht Club slot and no buses for Yacht Club. Five Boardwalk buses and none for YC so after waiting over an hour for a bus and being yelled at by the BW drivers for asking when a YC bus might show up, we, along with about five other families very politely shared our experience with the YC front desk (in person). We were offered comp FP and I wasn't going to take them because we didn't really need them but my daughter said, "It seems fair since we lost all that time waiting" so I did accept the comp FP.

Now I wonder ... am I on "the list"? Were my requests unreasonable? I didn't expect or demand a comped night at Pop but I didn't feel bad about getting one after squishing bugs at night. And running back and forth the actual front desk would not have been easy as we were a long way from it and my kids were 3 and 8 at the time and I would have had to drag them along. If I had known about the "fake front desk" phone thing I would have done it in person the first morning.

I didn't complain at the Poly. We had a great stay there.

Someone took real info and embellished on it. I know you are shocked to hear that folks embellish things online, aren't you ;)
They do track info about you in your file.
MB have nothing to do with it.
Nor does the info they track have any bearing on what upgrades you get.
We have mixed luck on their acknowledging our return to various locations. Some have, some haven't.

I have now read a couple of post on facebook that Disney is using Magic Band to put on your records that if you Complain a lot or leave your room a mess. Then the next time you book they put you into a not so nice room. If you are good then you get up grades and freebee's.

You think this is true or fake news?

MagicBands would have nothing to do with the issues you state.

I really don't think they are writing up your room condition unless you do damage.

But the complain a lot thing ....... you might have a file, fuzzy but I think they are called Magical Files. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter