Is Disney the best line for Alaska with young kids?

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
I'm always seeing here how other lines have better itineraries and options for an Alaska trip. Other lines sail there that have kids programming too and can be less expensive. I will be traveling solo with my son (he's 5 right now) so the kid's aspect of the trip is more important to me than itinerary. I won't do a land trip with him either. So, is Disney the best way to go? Or do other lines cater just as much to children? Since we travel alone it's important for me to make my travel experience as easy as possible. I also want him to have the best experience possible. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my iPhone.

I'm always seeing here how other lines have better itineraries and options for an Alaska trip. Other lines sail there that have kids programming too and can be less expensive. I will be traveling solo with my son (he's 5 right now) so the kid's aspect of the trip is more important to me than itinerary. I won't do a land trip with him either. So, is Disney the best way to go? Or do other lines cater just as much to children? Since we travel alone it's important for me to make my travel experience as easy as possible. I also want him to have the best experience possible. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my iPhone.

Does your son love Mickey or do the characters scare him?

jdb in AZ said:
Does your son love Mickey or do the characters scare him?

He loves the characters and is always excited to see them, but until recently, most of the time it was from a distance. This year though he's gone up and hugged some and taken pictures with them. Our 14 day cruise really helped him overcome his fears. He's asked me if they were real. When I told him no they are people dressed on costumes that helped. Seemed to be a turning point. So I would say, yes, he loves characters. Just more complicatedly than most kids, lol.

Sent from my iPhone.

I've read many reports on other cruiselines that have good to great kid's programs. Among them Princess & Holland America.

The question kind of boils down to: Are you going to Alaska to see Alaska with Disney on the side? Or are you taking a Disney cruise with Alaska on the side?

Itinerary-wise, Disney's isn't as good others. Disney experience-wise, well, Disney wins hands down.

:cutie:

PrincessShmoo said:
I've read many reports on other cruiselines that have good to great kid's programs. Among them Princess & Holland America.

The question kind of boils down to: Are you going to Alaska to see Alaska with Disney on the side? Or are you taking a Disney cruise with Alaska on the side?

Itinerary-wise, Disney's isn't as good others. Disney experience-wise, well, Disney wins hands down.

:cutie:

Very good question. I had to think about that for a minute. I'd say I'm taking a Disney cruise with Alaska on the side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter