Is Disney flexible at all with cancellation of MNSSHP tickets?

StarLime

Earning My Ears
Or are they strict about those tickets being non-refundable?

I had a trip that I had to cancel last minute last week and rescheduled for the week of Halloween, due to a medical condition with one of the parties. I’ve never been to a Halloween party at Disney before and would love to get tickets for either Halloween night or the night before. But seeing the tickets are non-refundable worries me in the event we’d also have to cancel due to the unpredictability of the medical condition. I’d hate to have to cancel and be out a few hundred dollars. Does Disney ever make exceptions or are these tickets strictly non-refundable?

Thanks!

Or are they strict about those tickets being non-refundable?

I had a trip that I had to cancel last minute last week and rescheduled for the week of Halloween, due to a medical condition with one of the parties. I’ve never been to a Halloween party at Disney before and would love to get tickets for either Halloween night or the night before. But seeing the tickets are non-refundable worries me in the event we’d also have to cancel due to the unpredictability of the medical condition. I’d hate to have to cancel and be out a few hundred dollars. Does Disney ever make exceptions or are these tickets strictly non-refundable?

Thanks!
Disney has historically been very flexible with at least offering a credit if you have to cancel. If you have a really good reason and you escalate it, you may also be able to get your money back but no guarantees on that one.

I’m getting trip insurance for the first time because of concerns over having to cancel. Since Covid is here to stay and things are always changing, flights being delayed, people getting sick ect. I’m looking at an outside company for about $250 for 12 month coverage that will cover this Disney trip and a cruise I have planned next spring. I used to never believe in trip insurance, but covid has changed all that. $250 to make sure I get all or most of my money back if I have to cancel is a small price to pay.

We had to cancel our trip last year. We were able to use last years boo bash tickets towards this years mnsshp. We may have lost a little bit of money on the deal but we aren’t planning on going to Disney again anytime soon. Our travel agent called for us.

I’m getting trip insurance for the first time because of concerns over having to cancel. Since Covid is here to stay and things are always changing, flights being delayed, people getting sick ect. I’m looking at an outside company for about $250 for 12 month coverage that will cover this Disney trip and a cruise I have planned next spring. I used to never believe in trip insurance, but covid has changed all that. $250 to make sure I get all or most of my money back if I have to cancel is a small price to pay.
What trip insurance did you purchase? The one I looked at did not cover Covid.

We just used our trip insurance last week. Submitted a claim for our last day (moved one night to Dolphin) because Dolphin has a 5 day cancellation policy and I got covid so we left early. Some Allianz plans have a covid portion to it, so we should be able to recoup the one night room rate that we paid upfront. I will always buy trip insurance for most trips now.

Disney has historically been very flexible with at least offering a credit if you have to cancel. If you have a really good reason and you escalate it, you may also be able to get your money back but no guarantees on that one.
If you do get a credit, are those typically in the form of something like a Disney gift card, or does the credit have to apply to a future ticket purchase?

If you do get a credit, are those typically in the form of something like a Disney gift card, or does the credit have to apply to a future ticket purchase?
We had to cancel an Oct. 2021 trip which included Boo Bash tickets. A credit was issued to our account for a future ticket purchase. Prior to our recent May trip I inquired about using the credit for a tour, because we already had park tickets from the previously cancelled trip and there were no special ticketed events scheduled, but was told the credit could only be used for park or event tickets. We decided to attend the MNSSHP this Sept. only to use the credit and not have it parked there for several years. The cost was less than the Boo Bash with the difference refunded on our credit card. When the 2021 trip was cancelled, I was told remaining credit would be lost if cheaper tickets were purchased, so this was a welcome change of policy.

I would call Disney and explain the reason for your cancellation and see what they say. Clearly, they don't want people to just change their minds about going, but if you have a family emergency that prevents from attending is different. They might offer a credit for a future event, refunding the cost is probably the least likely option.

With any type of trip insurance, I would make sure to read the fine print to see what it covers/doesn't. Don't take the verbal explanation from the person selling it since later on that means nothing and they can simply say you misunderstood what they told you. What you have in writing is what matters. People selling trip insurance are running a for-profit business where they expect to take in more in revenue then they payout in claims. People seem to assume every situation is covered and I doubt that is the case.

We had to cancel an Oct. 2021 trip which included Boo Bash tickets. A credit was issued to our account for a future ticket purchase. Prior to our recent May trip I inquired about using the credit for a tour, because we already had park tickets from the previously cancelled trip and there were no special ticketed events scheduled, but was told the credit could only be used for park or event tickets. We decided to attend the MNSSHP this Sept. only to use the credit and not have it parked there for several years. The cost was less than the Boo Bash with the difference refunded on our credit card. When the 2021 trip was cancelled, I was told remaining credit would be lost if cheaper tickets were purchased, so this was a welcome change of policy.
Thanks so much for the reply. We have an upcoming trip planned in October, and that information is good to know!

This is good to know. I wonder if that credit would work towards a resort/ticket vacation package? Or did it have to be tickets only?

A few years ago I tried using trip insurance included as a benefit with Chase Sapphire Reserve. They didn’t cover MNSSHP tickets. They said all tickets; concerts, sporting events, theater tickets are excluded. Disney would up refunding.

Many people over estimate travel insurances coverage and underestimate what travel suppliers will do as an exception. Goodwill

This is good to know. I wonder if that credit would work towards a resort/ticket vacation package? Or did it have to be tickets only?
Generally credit is for tickets not resort packages. You may be able to request an exception but it would take some level of supervisor who is able to shift between the separate revenue streams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter