Is Disney’s Very Merry Christmas Party worth it?

We have never done the MVMCP but timing would work out to try it at the end of our trip this year. DD and her cousin (both 9) will be there along with a lot of my extended family. I worry that it might be too late for them, but I also don’t want them to miss out on something extra special, especially if the opportunity is unlikely to come around again for a long time.

I think DS would have loved this but unfortunately he’s not going on this trip!

What do you think? We have friends that swear by the Halloween one, which we have never done either.

If you have the discretionary income, yes, there is value in the parties. Going for 4 days, buy a 3 day ticket and use the party as a 4th day.

Only you can decide if a park at 60% capacity for 4 hours and $150 is a bigger value then a park at 90% capacity for $120 and 10 hours.

We don't balance your check book.

I’m not so worried about the cost. I am worried about dragging them to something that starts very late if they aren’t really going to get anything “special” out of the experience. We will have done all the rides we want to do by then at least once and DD will be back in January.

Well it starts at 7. I'd make the day a lazy day, sleep late, swim at resort, rest, then head to party. I would think most 9 year old could make it to 11 easy.

I've never been to a party, I'm just thinking of how late my grandkids stay up on a normal disney day.

Only you can answer the "Is it worth it" question.

To us, the snow on Main Street, the Christmas parade, the lower crowd level, the goodies, the holiday lighting, and the festive spirit make the answer an unequivocal "Yes."

And I agree with Jo-Jo, "make the day a lazy day, sleep late, swim at resort, rest, then head to party. "

If you think the kids are going to be a wreck the next day then I would NOT do it. But, if your family can rest before the party or rest the following day to offset any grumpies from lack of sleep, I think it's definitely worth it. Those Minnie Christmastime fireworks are my FAVORITE!

If you think the kids are going to be a wreck the next day then I would NOT do it. But, if your family can rest before the party or rest the following day to offset any grumpies from lack of sleep, I think it's definitely worth it. Those Minnie Christmastime fireworks are my FAVORITE!
This is my exact strategy this year. We are going to make the day we go to MVMCP a resort day. Then stay for the full Party and then sleep in the next day and do Disney Springs "whenever we feel like it..gosh."

Definitely worth it! Just take a nice nap before the event. They used to let us in around 5 P.M. although the party didn't start until a few hours later.

To us, the snow on Main Street, the Christmas parade, the lower crowd level, the goodies, the holiday lighting, and the festive spirit make the answer an unequivocal "Yes."
I'll add special song-dance-jokes stage shows which are really fun. Plus, t-shirts, pins and a few other MVMCP 2022 emblazoned items available for purchase only during the party hours by partygoers. Sales start at 7:00, and CMs guard the displays until exactly that time.

I'm still hesitating to cut up my 2013 t-shirt for rags because I've such lovely memories of our very first MVMCP associated with it. It's getting obviously worn so will probably keep it as a slobbing around home shirt because I can't yet bear to pitch it.

Yeah, that's silly sentimentality. But, if you love the holiday itself and the Disney Christmas overlay, the MVMCP is icing on a lovely cake.

If the kids are sleeping on their feet by 9:30 but have had a fabulous time...I say mega-worth it.

I would say it's worth it for a once in a blue moon (maybe once in a life) event. My oldest is similar age. She's not going to make it to 12, but you don't have to stay to the last minute. She would stay until almost 11, but would be a blob by the time she hit the bed. (as would I)

You get in at 4 and I would take advantage of that. They do the fireworks earlier than 12. They don't wait until the very end. You could still see the parade, the special characters, get on some "shorter" ride lines and enjoy the vibe.

With my kids, I would do it, but I have my expectations that we can't stay until the very end. We would prioritize what things they want to do or see. I want to see the snow on main street and special characters. There is a dance party for the kids. The rides have special holiday overlays if you want to check them out.

I want to add it's worth it. It is a party and seeing families dress up together, dancing with reindeer, looking for the blow up candy cane sticks to get free goodies, the Jingle cruise and other holiday layovers exclusive to the party, the atmosphere in sharing in the celebration for the memories alone..... I can justify the cost. In the end years from now looking at photos and watching videos of the party exclusive fireworks makes my family tear up every time. You can't put a sticker price on that.

We would use it as a way to experience MK at night again with the gorgeous decorations. But we no longer visit WDW resort with resort parking fees, room increases and especially the genie/LL changes. It's so much tougher now to get several hours of MK at night vs years ago w/nighttime EMH. For us, it's pricey, but not outrageous for a 4pm-midnight night out.

But if I already had park admission through APs or tickets to visit a diff night? I don't think there's enough value there to justify spending the extra just for the party.

Last edited:
I want to add it's worth it. It is a party and seeing families dress up together, dancing with reindeer, looking for the blow up candy cane sticks to get free goodies, the Jingle cruise and other holiday layovers exclusive to the party, the atmosphere in sharing in the celebration for the memories alone..... I can justify the cost. In the end years from now looking at photos and watching videos of the party exclusive fireworks makes my family tear up every time. You can't put a sticker price on that.
The Jingle Cruise is not exclusive to the party.

There's nothing they do that's worth the $150 and up.they charge. It used to be worth it when prices were lower and crowds were more limited but nothing from the party itself justifies the extra cost.
I actually think they are making a mistake pricing it this low. People are breathlessly anticipating getting tickets. Should be $300/person. They are leaving money on the table.

I don't have much to say in regards to children - I know nothing about them. However, I personally find MVMCP to be an absolute must do. I have gone twice - once in 2018 and once in 2021 - and plan to go again this year. As a lover of Christmas, I find it to be absolutely magical. However, I have also heard people explain it as a one and done or something not worth the money. I personally think that it's an experience (and a much less expensive experience than it was last year when we went to the tune of $229 each) so I would recommend it.
-Snow on main street
-Less crowded
-Beautiful fireworks
-Fun pictures (definitely need memory maker)

Does the dollar amount equal the value? No.
Do you have the money to overspend on the party and do you really want to go? Then yes.

Only you can answer that based upon your budget and expectations. The investment is greater than the return, generally speaking, but if the entertainment is worth the price tag to you, it is completely worth it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter