Is December a busy/expensive time to go?

bcbmommy

DIS Veteran
We'll have 2 college kids this year, and of course, their Spring breaks do not line up. So....I'm thinking we'll do a Christmas break vacation. We've never been to Hawaii, so this is completely foreign to me. We normally do WDW in March, and we stay at the YC or BC. How does Aulani compare price-wise? There are 6 of us, btw. Thank you!!

Cast members told me that any time kids are out of school it is busy at Aulani. If you are going during a Christmas break I would expect it to be busy. Hawaii in general and Aulani is pricey though you can get a little cheaper by purchasing points or if there's a promotion. Have you looked at airfare or tried pricing out a room at the resort on the website?

I agree that it can be more expensive any time that the kids are out of school and airfare will most likely be more in December, but not by a lot. Keep in mind that this is true for any destination and not just Hawaii. I was in Hawaii for Christmas 2015 (not at Aluani) and loved being there that time of the year. I went back in April 2017 and airfare was about $365 less per person. The other tourist sites around the island were busier in December, but not unbearable. It's a beautiful place that everyone should see at lease once.

We were there from Dec 29 to Jan 8 last year, and I can say it was extremely busy. That was the only time we have visited Aulani (yet), so I don't have a comparison; however, onsite CMs did tell us that it was very, very busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter