Is Dave the Castle Guy around this year (2016)?

bgula

DIS Veteran
Just arrived at the Fort and forgot to post this prior. Anyone know? Haven't seen his show in a couple of years. Just missed it last year.

I have only seen it on YouTube. I would love to have seen it in person. I didn't see his display when we were there in November/December 2016, (even if he was there but I don't know) but I did see lots of other fabulous decorations.

bgula,

No word from Dave this year.

He created a new DIS login last year (The Castle Guy) and was here briefly in 2015.

In 2014 the board said he had retired and was travelling, I believe, and missed the 2014 Christmas season (I may have my dates wrong but that was the general idea).

Prior to that, his DIS login showed he was usually in loop 700 or 500 in a Premium site but it was just luck if you were here when he was. (dalovett).

Our Gary Cruise on Allears did a nice profile on him back in 2012 for those that don't know what we're talking about. Dave had a profile/cutout of the castle with lights synchronized to music plus so much more.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2012/11/ft_wilderness_christmas_dave_t.html

Dave, wherever you are, thanks for the joy and the memories. Merry Christmas!

Bama Ed

PS - if you have trouble watching the full screen youtube videos in the link, opposite click the youtube video, copy the URL, paste it in a new windows tab, and watch it full screen. It is AMAZING. Watch it and keep telling yourself, "it's in a campsite".

Last edited:
If memory serves me correctly, Dave didn't go to Fort Wilderness this December. Instead he set up his castle at home for his neighbors to enjoy.

He plans to set it up at The Fort next year . . . for the last time. He will be retiring the castle after Christmas 2017, so if you have the chance be sure to drop by to see it.

I'd like to join Ed in thanking Dave for all the joy and the memories. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter