Is Boma to exotic for the average eater?

talanjohn

Earning My Ears
I am debating about switching my Coral Reef reservations for a BOMA reservation. I think my son would like the aquarium thing, but BOMA looks very interesting as well. I'm worried it may be to interesting.

I don't think it's too exotic. My family loves it, and its just different enough that it's tasty not so exotic that most people wouldn't love it. There are some things on the kids menu too. This is my aboslute favorite Disney restaurant.

I would recommend that change. Coral Reef is good but Boma is in a class of its own for that price...I've brought people there before who are meat and potatoes people and they love it...

It's all pretty normal food with sometimes less familiar names

I was reading over the menu and saw nothing that my picky husband would like. So we are going for breakfast instead. Maybe that is something to consider? :)

I was reading over the menu and saw nothing that my picky husband would like. So we are going for breakfast instead. Maybe that is something to consider? :)

Their breakfast is great, but seriously - their dinner is not that weird. They have a carving station and potatoes- any meat and potato guy will love that. They have a salad bar and mac and cheese. They have chicken nuggets!! Their desserts are really good too. I think it is a great compromise for someone who wants to try new things but is afraid to. There are enough standard choices to enjoy the buffet with some different options for those that want to try them. Don't give up on it so easily!

I really liked it but my DH did not like dinner there. The flavors were just too strange for him. He found things to eat, but didnt leave full.
But for breakfast he LOVED it.

My family loves Boma and I used to post on here that there was something for everyone. Then we took a couple who are picky eaters and they ended up eating at the children's station because everything else they tried, they did not like. They thought the soups were too weird, the meat all had spices on it, etc.

My DW and DDs are about as meat & potatoes as you can get and they LOVE Boma. I'm a foodie and we all LOVE Boma. :earsboy:

Boma is always a must for all our trips. We love the flavors and have never been disappointed. We ate at Coral Reef for the first time in January and thought the food was ok. We were lucky enough to get a table right next to the tank which made the meal a little more enjoyable. The skillet at Whispering Canyon Cafe will satisy any meat eater and is another favorite place for us to eat.

Boma is a must go. I am typically a meat & potato girl, however, I can't wait to go back - it was amazing. Somewhere on here there is a post with different menus for each day of the week. Maybe you could look at that to help you decide. I will try to find it, but if not, I am sure someone else will know where to locate it.

We didn't care for many of the more unusual dishes but that said, since it's a buffet, your son would have more choices than at Coral Reef.

We would not go back because there was not much for us. You can find something for sure if you are picky. They do have carved meats, the kids section with kids foods.... I'm glad we went to try and and see it but it's just not for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter