Is anything special happening on July 17th?

Peter_noPan

DVC member
Our trip is all set for July and we will be there on July 17, the actual 50th.

Does anybody know if there are any special plans for that day?

We have been planning this trip for over a year and hope there will be more to do than just fight the hugh crowds.

Any rumors or gossip will be appreciated.

The only thing that I have heard that is "for sure" is you will receive a cupcake. There are rumors about "golden" mickey ears. But my guess is that they would be cheap cardboard ones (think party hat) vs the ones they are selling. Also possibly a button.

I think they forgot that 7/17 is the birthday not 05/05

Let's just hope one thing that isn't happening on July 17th is all the media tents, etc set up all over!

I would think that July 17 is NOT the day to go if you do not want to fight huge crowds. :crowded:

DS just left today for a summer entertainment internship in the parks at DL. Once I hear anything of the happenings that day, I'll post here. I would think Entertainment would likely know!

Simba's mom.

Our cats must be related...My cat only drinks from the bathroom water faucet and only when it's running as well! He was born on July 17, 2004.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter