Is anyone else going this summer and hoping for better airfare $$$

w8ting4pooh

Commando planner
The best quote I've gotten for my dates is $266 a ticket. Does anyone think airfare will get any cheaper after Memorial Day?

Where are you flying from and what are your dates? I just got roundtrip, non-stop Continental tickets for 188.00, August 5-10 leaving from Newark. I just went to continental.com for the online rates! Check out jetblue.com also--they only fly from select cities, but they had fares for 69.00 each way for summer also. Hope this helps!

I'm willing to fly out of DCA, IAD, BWI or MDT. I can't leave until after 4 pm on 7/3. That's why it's coming up so expensive for me. All of the early flights are cheaper.

Tickets will only get more expensive as the airlines continue to have trouble with their bottom line. I would grab them when you can.

I was having the same problem. Last year our tix from PHI on USAir were $168.00 RT (Spirit was actually higher). This year flying out of Atlantic City on Spirit it's $253.00. The comparable times/flights out of PHI this year have been running between $550-$600!!!! I was hoping for a little better price, but decided to book for our August trip last week since it looked like the tix were continuing to rise.

Good luck!!

That would be a good price for me coming out of MSP in MN.

Here, the eveing tickets are usually less expensive. Weird!

Good luck finding cheaper airfare. I find that sometimes rates go down about 3 weeks before our departure date.

herc.

Yeah, make sure you buy within that 21 day window when some airlines want you to. Otherwise, after that expect huge price hikes.

I think we just aren't going to see the fares we used to. This is the price ranges we are having to deal with now. It sucks, but there's now use in comparing last year's prices to this year and hoping to get last year's because with the trouble the airline industry is having, they can only discount so much without bankrupting themselves.

w8ting4pooh-

we are from the dc area, and are going 8/16-8/23. i couldn't believe the ticket prices! i did find a great price (it ended up being ~$177 pp) on united through yahoo travel.

there is a rather long layover on one of the legs, but i wasn't willing to pay the $250 pp direct. :)

ANyone in the NY area, we got tickets from JFK to Orlando for $145, all taxes included, best deal I've ever seen. Just about all of August was available.

I heartily recommend trying Spirit Airlines, ATA, or Southwest (if any of them have services from your airports). Our tix from O'Hare to MCO were only $185 pp with Spirit, taxes and fees included.

Try several places to get the best rates. Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity were all giving out higher rates when we snagged our seats from CheapTickets.com. I don't know if it was the luck of the draw or a lag in the updating of the price database, but you can definitely get lucky sometimes if you shop around!

Best of luck!

This morning I booked 5 r/t from BWI for $65 each way on AirTran. YES!!! My dh can't fly until the late afternoon and this is a 9:00am flight so he will have to come down on his own. That's the only crummy part. But, I couldn't let $130 r/t pass me by! The bonus is the flight home is non-stop. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I was planning to just buy the $266 tickets this morning and be done with it. My dh's ticket will be the only one at $266 so I saved over $500 by going seperately. ;) That's 3 days of food at WDW!!!!!

I was running into the same problem when I realized we would be traveling over Labor Day weekend. To my surprise I got SWA $65 each way rate out of BWI. I cannot beat $594 (all taxes, fees, etc.) for our family of four! Last year we flew out of Philly for more than that, in May no less!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter