• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is anyone else buggin?? over the trip??

Misty89

DIS Veteran
we have 3 1/2 weeks left....I am not sure what the Heck is my problem, but i am TOATTLLY buggin over this trip.
this is really our " first time" to WDW, alst year we went when it was unbearably hot for one day at MK and had a terrible time ( not disney's fault at all - family related)
we are going to stay at CR for 2 nts and 3 nts offsite - everything is paid for EXCEPT food, sovies and tips. we have MVMCP tx, and 3 day park hoppers.
we have ps at Coral reef our first night
then PS at Chef mickeys for breakfast and CP for dinner before MVMCP ( no lunch - just snack mabye)
then i did mangae to get CRT for our third day for breakfast...thats all the PS we made.
the last 3 days of our trip will be "budget" or counter meals..
we have 300$ room credit at CR for room change, and we have $1100.00 in the bank right now... is this enough? I WANTED to make it to $1500 in the bank but i digress....i cant get 400$ more 3 weeks.
does anyone else bug over thier trip? i think i might have a meltdown before we leave!

the packing thing is a complete story itself....

:hyper:

I don't know about anyone else but I think you have plenty - DH and I went to WDW last May and spent $3500 but we wimped out and took the train down which cost $1000. The room itself was almost $900 for eight nights at CBR so that means we spent $1600 in nine days and we totally splurged (a few very nice dinners and lunches, a PS for breakfast at Crystal Palace and souvenirs for ourselves and family as well as a day at Disney Quest.). Basically, we bought anything and everything our heart desired and then when we got home and realized the damage we had done, we decided this next trip would be a little more modest. So if you have $1400 for six days, I believe you have more than enough for anything you plan to do.
This trip we have a strict budget we are adhering to - taking plane this time and staying for 10 nights at CBR/POR for 880.00 with AP rate and will budget about $50 a day for food (minus 1 or 2 very nice dinners) and we even purchased meal vouchers for $11.50 a piece for lunch almost each day or ouf stay so we may even spend less - do not worry - I think you have more than enough $$$ for your trip:)

Hi Misty,

We are going shortly after you. And yes iam buggin out. Big Time!

Im very stressed, excited, worried, nervous..you name it im feeling it.

Myself and 3 kids ages 16, 11, and 7 for only 4 days and still i feel i wont have enough. Ive already gotten 8 Q&C vouchers, and the 4 Character Breakfast. I made our PS for two dinners and the one breakfast. Planning on bringing 1,200.00 and pray its enough that I dont have to tell my kids no to anything reasonable thye ask for. Ive even been shopping and gotten some t-shirts, and small toys for Tinkerbell to bring to the kids at night while they sleep. This was advice from another Diser and i think its going to help save me alot on sovies.
If i come home with cash im booking our next WDW trip.
:earsgirl:

Sorry your stressin too... hope you have a wonderful time.
Tink

Try not to worry too much. Relax and enjoy the anticipation of the trip and I think the money you are planning on bringing is enough.

I too am buggin'. We leave on 12/21 - 12/30, this is our first trip with our kids. We are doing Disney and Universal and my daughter will turn 12 while we are there. I still have not purchased my passes for the parks and I still don't know how we are going to celebrate my daughter's birthday. By the way, can anyone tell me how the weather is going to be during the time that we are there????? In addition, I am in a dilemma about meal vouchers and spending money. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

govanism
If you go to allearsnet.com, you can find historical weather patterns - I have only been to WDW in December once but I remember it being absolutely beautiful. I work with about 4 other WDW fanatics who sometimes go 2-3 times with their family and they all say that the best time is around the Christmas holiday.
I would actually be going during the holidays if my DH didn't have a job that required he have to work through the holidays. There are so many places to eat at WDW where you can celebrate her birthday - perhaps Liberty Tree Tavern in MK or the Crystal Palace for a character breakfast or even do a Fantasmic Dinner Pacakge and get preferred seating at the who in MGM. YOu can also check out restaurant menus at the same above mentioned website - what is your dilemma re: meal vouchers?

I am so overwhelmed and psyched about my trip. We are going in exactly 4 weeks and I can't stand the anticipation. We (my DBF and I) just went in January and I am so giddy I can't stand it.

Giovanism- The temps in the beginning of Dec. are anywhere from 52 F to 76 F (or something like that) and rainfall is minimal (like 1.6" on avg.).... I have done some research.

Misty 89- sounds like you have plenty of $$, although I'm not sure how many you are budgeting for. I always figure $40/day for food . sometimes we do counter for L and D, sometimes we have a snack for L and a sit down dinner. Some days we go over budget and somedays we are under... it all balances out. I try to have a certain amt before I leave too, but don't stress over it. It all works out in the end and you'll have a great time. I'll be coming down just after you. I have never been for the holidays. I usually go in Jan. for the discounted room rate, but this was last minute and I missed the fall rates too! (luckily I have AAA, so it helps)

Have fun!!

right now I'm just trying to finish my Christmas shopping before we leave. Trying to budget for both the trip and Christmas is KILLER!

Otherwise, I'm just waiting until I can officially open up the suitcases and start "pre-packing". I know that no matter when I bring out the suitcases, my DH will roll his eyes and say, "You're packing already?" He does not understand pre-trip rituals. :rolleyes:

Also, not knowing how cold it will be is kind of worrying me because we're out here in 88 degree weather in Hawaii and don't have warm clothes. (Ok, if it gets below 70 degrees, I start shivering! :teeth: )

So yeah, I guess you can say I'm "buggin'", but in a good way.;)

im sorry i cant help because i too am buggin.This is our first trip and i have kids too and want this to be special and magical.I know it will be but i am stressin over the budget thing too.I am also soooooo nervous about flying,i am 35 and have never flown and i am afraid of planes.They make me nervous because they are soooo high up.I dont want my 8 year old dd to see that i am nervous because i am afraid she will get scared if she sees mommy is scared!So yes i am buggin.I have my bags packed though.LOL.I am nervous but yet soooo excited and happy i dont know whether to laugh or cry on days and yes i have found myself in tears over flying.I am going to think of Mickey Mouse while boarding my flight and hope that takes away from my fear!

dpayne1969-:grouphug:

flying is not bad! _ last year was my first time ever also....we flew from Milwaukee to St Louis, then to ft lauderdale this was in june, in spet i flew again from Milwuakee to denver to seattle......it's not scary at all. my brother who is 41 jsut flew for the first time this year!
i thought i would be scared too...but i was only was scared until we were up in the air, it was soo wonderful :)
it will be Ok! :)
:wave2: ::yes::

Misty89 -
Thanks for your encouragement i do appreciate it so very much.It helps me too know i am not the only one who was nervous their first time flying.LOL.

Regarding Meal Vouchers, I think I'm just confused in general. I've seen where some people say they have saved by using them and others have not and I guess I'd like to know what causes you to not save.

Also, while searching the web today for park tickets, I came across a few interesting things and would like to know if they are on the up & Up. On Discountorlandovacation.com, they are selling different combinations of the 3 Day Park Hopper passes, I'm asking because everywhere I read, I see that no one really sells these tickets. 3 day php $195.00/Adult, $160.00/Child, regular 3 day ph $175.00/Adult, $145.00/Child, and 3 day ph w/pi or dq - valid for 10 days $180.00/Adult, $152.00/Child. I also saw on dealpass.com 4 day php tickets $208.56/Adult, $167.75/Child. Has anyone ever purchased from dealpass.com that can tell me if this is on the up & Up?

Hello all!
We are only about a week away from leaving (11-18) and I too am worried about the $$$.

Earlier this year we finished paying off the room costs at ASMo, we bought our Park Hoppers(4 5 day PH), DisneyQuest tickets(3), Universal/IOA tickets (5 days for the price of 2), and airline tickets of course. I had planned to save the cash for our food/souvenirs and transportaion to and from airport and Universal over the last few months but things kept happening (medical expenses) and I have -0- saved for those things.
We have PS at Chef Mickey's/Prime Time Cafe/Fantasmic Dinner Package, Tony's Town Square, O'Hanas and Whispering Canyon Cafe for Thanksgiving Dinner. The rest is all counter service. I won't be eating that many meals since I am on a restricted diet and have to take my food with me.

I will take money out of the next paycheck first and I'll have to charge the rest. We have been debt free for a few years (except 1 car and the house), so I DO NOT like this and it is bothering me to no end. One card has 0% interest until April so that is great. We haven't been to WDW since 2000 and so many bad things have happened since then (layoffs/prolonged unemployment/deaths/diagnosis with incurable illness that leaves me unable to work and bedridden some days/DD had to be moved to a private school (from a H.S. with 3600 students!) to help her excel more and be around others who weren't the best kind of friends for her/extended family member's problems/illnesses, etc etc etc. All of this has added up to more money going out than we anticipated.

I truly know that we MUST go on this trip for our own sanity and mental health. We are beyond excited about it. My kids are 16 and 13 and as long as they eat good on the trip they really will be happy. They aren't that big into souvenirs. Last time I think they spent only about $50 total on themselves for souvenirs at WDW. They love to buy gifts for others. This time we're buying only Christmas ornaments as souvenirs. We want to have a Disney only tree!

I've been preparing them for a low-key Christmas. You know, I asked them what they got last year from "Santa" and they didn't even remember. My son mostly wants video games and my daughter wants a new stereo. That's doable. And I know my other family members (who are also going with us on this trip) will most likely be in the same boat.

Thanks for letting me talk about. I'm sure we'll get by! (I just hate using that credit card!):scared: :scared:

Cheryl

Originally posted by dpayne1969
im sorry i cant help because i too am buggin.This is our first trip and i have kids too and want this to be special and magical.I know it will be but i am stressin over the budget thing too.I am also soooooo nervous about flying,i am 35 and have never flown and i am afraid of planes.They make me nervous because they are soooo high up.I dont want my 8 year old dd to see that i am nervous because i am afraid she will get scared if she sees mommy is scared!So yes i am buggin.I have my bags packed though.LOL.I am nervous but yet soooo excited and happy i dont know whether to laugh or cry on days and yes i have found myself in tears over flying.I am going to think of Mickey Mouse while boarding my flight and hope that takes away from my fear!

I was going to read all of the replies before I made mine. I'm stressing too. But I had to respond to your stress about flying. I have it too. I was just at the doctor's last night. He gave me an RX for something, I don't remember what it is, it is filled and at home in my carryon! I need to relax while I'm flying. I tell everyone who shares my fear, better flying through chemicals. You won't become addicted if you take a seditive two days. :earseek: Please, go get drugs! I want to enjoy my trip. I have stress enough without worrying about flying. And believe me, if the kids see you stressed out, it will stress them out.

My granddaughter LOVES flying. Because her mother and I were happy on the plane. Not drugged to a stupor. :p :p :p but mellow....:wave2: ;) ;)

Originally posted by Misty89
we have 3 1/2 weeks left....I am not sure what the Heck is my problem, but i am TOATTLLY buggin over this trip.
this is really our " first time" to WDW, alst year we went when it was unbearably hot for one day at MK and had a terrible time ( not disney's fault at all - family related)
we are going to stay at CR for 2 nts and 3 nts offsite - everything is paid for EXCEPT food, sovies and tips. we have MVMCP tx, and 3 day park hoppers.
we have ps at Coral reef our first night
then PS at Chef mickeys for breakfast and CP for dinner before MVMCP ( no lunch - just snack mabye)
then i did mangae to get CRT for our third day for breakfast...thats all the PS we made.
the last 3 days of our trip will be "budget" or counter meals..
we have 300$ room credit at CR for room change, and we have $1100.00 in the bank right now... is this enough? I WANTED to make it to $1500 in the bank but i digress....i cant get 400$ more 3 weeks.
does anyone else bug over thier trip? i think i might have a meltdown before we leave!

the packing thing is a complete story itself....

:hyper:

I think you have plenty of $$$$. You'll be fine. Relax and enjoy your trip.

I'm stressed too. Stressed about making all of the people (there will be 12 of us) happy. For most, this will be their first trip. Trying to find money saving tips for them, has been my passion. I need to take my own advise and relax and enjoy my vacation too!!!
:chat: :chat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter