Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

Two sisters (one is my Mom) who are grandmothers, 5 adult kids + 3 spouses, 2 teen boys, 6 yo twins, and my brand new nephew, who will be 5 months old! Super excited.

Rebecca:cool1:

DCL website lists post cruise excursions in Barcelona but you cannot book till you are on the ship so I am not sure if the cancel them if not enough people sign up.

I was wondering if they did not want people to book earlier because of potential changes to flights times. They might want you to go to the desk so that they can confirm if your return flight is compatible with the excursion. I hope they do run them, our flight isn't until 4.30 so it would be a great way to fill the day.

Hello,

We are excited to be going on this cruise with all of you! :woohoo:

It will be myself, dh Steve, and our daughters Sheyenne and Krysten. Sheyenne will be turning 14 near the end of the month and Krysten will be turning 12.

We've been on the Magic once before and everybody can't wait for the cruise in August. I noticed that you are organizing fish extenders so please add us to the list! :thumbsup2

I will have to spend some time reading this thread soon to get up to speed!

Looking forward to meeting you all :goodvibes

Laura

Hi Laura, welcome to our cruise, I have a 12 year old daughter also so she will be pleased to see more girls her age. At the moment our FE list is quite small and is listed on a post on page 8.

Joy

Two sisters (one is my Mom) who are grandmothers, 5 adult kids + 3 spouses, 2 teen boys, 6 yo twins, and my brand new nephew, who will be 5 months old! Super excited.

Hi, welcome to our cruise, sounds like you have a lot of people, yours will be a lively table in the dining room no doubt. I think a disney cruise is a great way to get everyone together.
Joy

I really want to see some of the Gaudi buildings, but walking the boys around 10 blocks "just to look at a building" won't cut it with my crew. The HOHO bus does the circuit of the four buildings I want to see and also gets us to Poble Espanyol if we decide to go there. We are pretty used to the heat so I am not too worried about that. Actually all the comments on the boards about the Med heat worried me till I googled the temperatures. We regularly get quite a bit higher than the Med temps all summer so I feel relieved - should be perfect weather for us!

Hi, are your boys into football? Barcelona Nou Camp stadium is open everyday (when no matches) for tours and the museum. Its supposed to be one of the best staduims in the world so this might appease them a little if you say half day Gaudi tour and half day football tour. Just an idea.
Joy

Hello,

We are excited to be going on this cruise with all of you! :woohoo:

It will be myself, dh Steve, and our daughters Sheyenne and Krysten. Sheyenne will be turning 14 near the end of the month and Krysten will be turning 12.

We've been on the Magic once before and everybody can't wait for the cruise in August. I noticed that you are organizing fish extenders so please add us to the list! :thumbsup2

I will have to spend some time reading this thread soon to get up to speed!

Looking forward to meeting you all :goodvibes

Laura

Hello and welcome to you both:goodvibes It is great to see new cruisers coming along for the ride!
Since you both older kids, they might be interested in posting on the kids/teens meet thread for the cruise. My daughter (Marika-14) and austraveler's son Josh tend to post over there a lot and others pop in and out on occasion. That thread is here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2649402
The 6 year olds are welcome to post too if they want (maybe you can help them). I know Diane's daughter is 6 and keeps hoping to see someone else her age posting.

Hi, are your boys into football? Barcelona Nou Camp stadium is open everyday (when no matches) for tours and the museum. Its supposed to be one of the best staduims in the world so this might appease them a little if you say half day Gaudi tour and half day football tour. Just an idea.
Joy

Thanks for the idea. The boys would like this and my Husband would too. Perhaps I can ditch them to tour the stadium and I can do a little shopping.....

Welcome to the two new families on our cruise. Only a few months more to go and we are getting excited.

Anyone else planning ZOO Barcelona?????
I ask because we are going either on Sunday 4th or Monday 5th and the ZOO is advertising soon group fees for 20+ people?also available on request?
normal cost approx 16.50 euro adult and child 9.90!
GROUP COST adult 12.80 and kids 6.90 good saving for families!

Those who mentioned hop on off bus,yes is cheap and covers most stops and you also get discounts for other tourist attractions!
Also a local transport card available which gives use of all public trains/buses etc(same cost approx as hopper bus)

Other popular places with kids!
amusement park (in mountain area)bus and train available(bus fare refundable)
cable car ride
zoo
waterpark

ps zoo includes dolphin show!
We are staying Icaria which is close to zoo,we thought ideal is Sunday as most shops etc closed, so we could relax after cruise/settle in and then enjoy day there!

Anyone else planning ZOO Barcelona?????
I ask because we are going either on Sunday 4th or Monday 5th and the ZOO is advertising soon group fees for 20+ people?also available on request?
normal cost approx 16.50 euro adult and child 9.90!
GROUP COST adult 12.80 and kids 6.90 good saving for families!

Those who mentioned hop on off bus,yes is cheap and covers most stops and you also get discounts for other tourist attractions!
Also a local transport card available which gives use of all public trains/buses etc(same cost approx as hopper bus)

Other popular places with kids!
amusement park (in mountain area)bus and train available(bus fare refundable)
cable car ride
zoo
waterpark

I want to add Parque Guell as fun for kids to run around in (and beautiful for adults) and Pueblo Espanloa as a fun place for kids--you can pay a small fee to get a backpack full of stuff to do a scavenger hunt there which is a lot of fun.

Anyone interested in group ZOO let me know and I will contact zoo and see what can be offered and arranged???????Di

Most tourist attractions hop on bus etc (private companies) will offer discounts for groups 20 + people! So if many of you thinking of this bus,let me know and again I will see what can do!
We are also interested in perhaps hopper bus!

Hey Dizmomof2,
Just finished the semester and am trying to catch up on the postings since the last time i've been on it. Please add us for the FE. I'll have my little guy work on it. Any advice on gifts and things? I read something about a 'zip tie' for the FE? I'll have son work on it with his friends at his day program. He knows the trip is coming up and want him to work on a project. Maybe his teachers can help.
Gus

Hey RoniboBoni,
Great job on the website. Hope to catch up on the postings. My last one was around January, when classes started. I'm so glad the semester is over.
Gus

hey yall
i am getting super excited about the up coming cruise!! we are starting to plan for the excursions and was wondering when we are in the naples port we want to to pompeii and Sorrento but dont really want to see anything else. What would be the best way to accomplish this?? there will be 4 adults with us and we really wanted to explore Sorrento!!! plus see pompeii but most of the tours we are looking at go to other places! what is one to do:confused3

Hi - My name is Kirsty and I will be cruising on the Med 7 day on 27th Aug - very excited!! I was looking into door decorating and came across this website so thought I'd join in the excitement of you all and say hi!!

This is technically my 4th Disney Cruise, having been on a 3 and 4 day bahamian cruise and the 7 day relocation barcelona to Dover cruise last year. I have however done 10 disney 7 day caribbean cruises back to back while working on the Disney Magic in 2009 :) - Awesome fun!!

There are 7 of us going - me, my parents, sister, aunt, uncle and 14 yr old cousin! I'm the only one who has done a cruise so I'm trying very hard to come up with unique and special ways of making their holiday the best it can be!

Really nice to meet you all and looking forward to the countdown :)

xx

HI Kristy and welcome aboard.

We sailed in December of 2009--were you on the Magic then? Perhaps we have already met:goodvibes

Soooooo, being the crazy people we are, my in laws are going to be here until September 12. So, we thought, hmmmm is there another cruise out of Barcelona on the day we return (our original September 3 date). Well, there is the RCI Liberty of the Seas. Dirt cheap AND my in laws have a voucher from their cancelled cruise that will cover all but $200 of it. So, it will be hard going directly from a Disney ship to an RCI (since we were really not all that impressed with RCI) but a day on a ship is a lot better than a day on land and we can put all of our more intense port days on RCI. So, it looks like we will get off of one ship and hop a taxi to the other side of the port and onto another ship.:lmao:

Alas no - April till July of that year - but had a blast and working on there has only intensified my love of it. Very excited for my family as I've introduced them to all my favourite parts of Disney - I used to work at Epcot also so when they visited me took them all over and showed them my favourite parts :D

It's awesome you're going on another cruise straight after!! I'd love to have the time off work to do it - but on a plus point I'm only back for 3 weeks before jetting off to Orlando for a week for a reunion with my best friend from Canada so that should be amazing fun.

Sorry if I seem a little excited - I AM!! and new to this as well, never even thought to look for something like this before. It's really good to read your posts and helpful to - so a big thank you.

Take care

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter