IS AAA fuel claculator correct?

crabmeal

Mouseketeer
I admit to not being the greatest at math but I think it is underestimating. I have an 03 Sienna which we will be driving from NYC. It says fuel cost will be $280.88 round trip. The prices were $3.10 and over.Last night I had a little more than half a tank of gas. We filled up and it put in 8 gallons of gas at 3.19 a gallon. So I assume I have a 16 gallon gas tank. Since it takes about 200 miles for me to be empty, I calculated I get 13 miles to the gallon. When I try to figure gas costs, I estimate about $550.00 to get to and from Orlando. What am I doing wrong??

One thing to consider is that you will get better gas mileage on the highway than your normal driving pattern. we took our 05 Sienna to WDW this summer from Ohio and I think we averaged about 20 mpg. Would this match more with the AAA amount?

With the rapidly rising gas prices, their numbers may be off too.

Just the other day they were interviewing the local AAA gal on the news. She said the average price per gallon in our area was $2.89.
Good luck finding gas for that! :rotfl:
Somebody somewhere must be selling it low to skew the average since NONE of the stations around here had anything under $3.00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter