IS AAA fuel calculator correct?

crabmeal

Mouseketeer
I admit to not being the greatest at math but I think it is underestimating. I have an 03 Sienna which we will be driving from NYC. It says fuel cost will be $280.88 round trip. The prices were $3.10 and over.Last night I had a little more than half a tank of gas. We filled up and it put in 8 gallons of gas at 3.19 a gallon. So I assume I have a 16 gallon gas tank. Since it takes about 200 miles for me to be empty, I calculated I get 13 miles to the gallon. When I try to figure gas costs, I estimate about $550.00 to get to and from Orlando. What am I doing wrong??

crabmeal said:
I admit to not being the greatest at math but I think it is underestimating. I have an 03 Sienna which we will be driving from NYC. It says fuel cost will be $280.88 round trip. The prices were $3.10 and over.Last night I had a little more than half a tank of gas. We filled up and it put in 8 gallons of gas at 3.19 a gallon. So I assume I have a 16 gallon gas tank. Since it takes about 200 miles for me to be empty, I calculated I get 13 miles to the gallon. When I try to figure gas costs, I estimate about $550.00 to get to and from Orlando. What am I doing wrong??

A 2003 Sienna has a 21 gallon fuel tank (20.9, but who's counting?) and is estimated to get between 19 and 24 mpg (city/hwy). If you are not getting these mileage averages when you drive, you might want to consider taking your van in for an oil/air filter change and a look-see before your trip.

Good luck!

We just had an oil change but someone told my Dh it may need to be calibrated. I will check that out- thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter