• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is $195.17 a week for a minivan a good price?

littlestar

DIS Veteran
Hi.

We've never booked a mini van for a vacation. We always get intermediate cars. But, for our trip in May we have six people going to Disney so we need a minivan. I booked a rate of $195.17 with Alamo off of the Vacation Outlet site (there's a $15.00 coupon on that site that brought it down to $195.17). With taxes it comes to $247.03. This sounds pretty good to me. But, thought I would ask people who have booked minivans before if this is, indeed, a good rate for a minivan.

Thanks.

That sounds like a very far rate....I have found Dollar right now you can get about $250 with taxes/fees...and Alamo you can get an astro van for $282 with taxes/fees....everybody else is well over $330

That sounds like a very far rate....I have found Dollar right now you can get about $250 with taxes/fees...and Alamo you can get an astro van for $282 with taxes/fees....everybody else is well over $330

Yep, that's good. Best we have done is $199 (+tax & fees) at Dollar a couple of trips.

littlestar,

Just wanted to thank you for the info. I had a minivan booked through Dollar for $229, not including taxes/fees. I was able to book through Alamo at the same rate as you and saved myself $43. :teeth:

That seems like a good rate for a minivan. I also wanted to say thank you for the info. I went to the Vacation Outlet site and was able to use the code/coupon to get a full size for our 8 day Memorial Day trip for a total of $220. That is the best I've been able to find so far!

Can anyone post the vacation outlet site please?

Glad it helped DisneyKidds.

The first time I went to the vacation outlet site and clicked on cars and then the link for Alamo, I almost forgot to print the coupon out. I'm sure I'll need that coupon when I pick up the car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter