Ironing

I sew so that means I have to iron seams and such. Otherwise I only iron special occasion stuff - like my husbands shirt for a party and such.

I don't even buy much that needs to be ironed anymore.

I used to iron most of my clothing. Not anymore. Now, I purchase fabrics that don't need to be ironed. For the few things that would otherwise require ironing, I use Wrinkle Release. It works great on cotton t-shirts. Just spray, snap and the wrinkles are gone. I don't even own an iron anymore.

The only thing I iron are patches on my dd’s Girl Scout vest. My mom uses the iron when she visits. If I find something wrinkled, I’ll put it in the dryer for a few mins.

I own an iron.

I don't know if I have ever used it. Honestly, I don't know if I even would know HOW to iron a piece of clothing correctly. If something has a few wrinkles I just toss it in the dryer and it normally takes care of it.

I iron everything.

EVERYTHING

Shorts, jeans, t-shirts...even iron my under shirt. I hate wrinkles.
Me, too! I even iron my pajamas! I am a seamstress and I think that has some bearing on my interpretation of how fabrics should feel. My main ironing board is always up in my sewing room. I have wall mounted boards behind sliding doors installed on each floor of the house. Didn't realize how excessive this was until I read all these "hate ironing" comments! 😂

Me, too! I even iron my pajamas! I am a seamstress and I think that has some bearing on my interpretation of how fabrics should feel. My main ironing board is always up in my sewing room. I have wall mounted boards behind sliding doors installed on each floor of the house. Didn't realize how excessive this was until I read all these "hate ironing" comments! 😂
:thumbsup2 Sweet set-up! I'd love to have space for something like that but we're in a condo and our laundry facilities are in a closet, not a separate room. I have to settle for keeping the ironing board set up in our spare bedroom.

Couldn’t agree more. My undershirts, for example, just feel better ironed!

we have an ironing board in our bed room and we never put it up!

gotta iron your cloths you’re just a wrinkly McGee!! 😄

I guess we are odd balls!!!

Don’t iron and don't care if my clothes are wrinkly - plus I WFH full time...

Don’t iron and don't care if my clothes are wrinkly - plus I WFH full time...
Then I guess it's no big deal. I'm often surprised by how many of my colleagues, especially 30-and-under that show up to the office as (what I consider to be) disheveled messes. My own staff are all customer-facing and their dress-code requires them to be neat. They have a variety of company-logo'd attire and the shirts have to be pressed.

Couldn’t agree more. My undershirts, for example, just feel better ironed!

we have an ironing board in our bed room and we never put it up!

gotta iron your cloths you’re just a wrinkly McGee!! 😄

I guess we are odd balls!!!
In addition, I mix my own starch. That canned aerosol stuff just doesn't cut it for me. I buy the Sta-flo starch in the half gallon and mix it myself (in proportions greater than recommended) in my spray bottle. My kids used to joke that my clothes could stand by themselves.

I never, ever do it. Probably been 15+ years since I have. We own an iron...from our wedding 19 years ago. DH uses it maybe 3x a year? I see no point in it, but it's on him.

In addition, I mix my own starch. That canned aerosol stuff just doesn't cut it for me. I buy the Sta-flo starch in the half gallon and mix it myself (in proportions greater than recommended) in my spray bottle. My kids used to joke that my clothes could stand by themselves.
You win the ironing thread, it is official.

I don't mind ironing; but, I don't have to iron often - maybe a half dozen times a year. Most of our clothes don't require ironing.

I hate ironing. I used to live in an apartment, and I only had one of those portable washers that hooked up to the sink. I did not have a dryer. It felt like I spent all of my spare time ironing.

My mom did that too, only she sprinkled the clothes before they went in the fridge, LOL. Apparently it was a common practice. I can remember looking for a snack and seeing stacks of Dad’s white shirts in there, all rolled up neatly. :hyper:

Wow, that’s some fancy machine. I guess my family couldn’t afford it. ;)
The ironing would go in the refrigerator to keep it from mildewing or getting sour/musty before you ironed it. Back in the days when one did laundry one day and ironed the next.😀

Then I guess it's no big deal. I'm often surprised by how many of my colleagues, especially 30-and-under that show up to the office as (what I consider to be) disheveled messes. My own staff are all customer-facing and their dress-code requires them to be neat. They have a variety of company-logo'd attire and the shirts have to be pressed.
I’m no 30 and under - more like 2-3 times 30 and under...I work in Tech - nobody cares what you wear - however - if I did work directly with customers - I would care - still not enough to iron - but enough to have my clothes sent out - and definitely more than my current WFH PJs!

The ironing would go in the refrigerator to keep it from mildewing or getting sour/musty before you ironed it. Back in the days when one did laundry one day and ironed the next.😀

Monday was generally wash day and Tuesday was ironing day. Most women in the neighborhood where I grew up followed that schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!