• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

inventions

LoobyLoo33

Mouseketeer
Hi All

Have looked on the forums at the information on the inventions restaurant.

We are keen to try this when we go in November, I just have a couple of questions.

1. Is the Character Buffet on every night?
2. Does anyone know how much it is for adults and children.

Thank you
Lisa
:)

Sorry I can't answer you question, but I would like to add one.
Would everybody recommend Inventions or Cafe Mickey for a character dinner with a seven year old girl?

Hi,

I haven't been to Inventions, but took DD, aged 6, to Cafe Mickey for dinner early this month. It was great - the kids menu is good, the food is fine, ample but not huge portions, and the character interaction really makes the difference here.

The characters, when we went (the restaurant was fully booked) made a point of visiting each table, and spending time with each person there. They also ran around daft when the birthday cakes came out, singing the birthday song and dancing around the birthday boy/girl. Most diners start singing and dancing along too - its infectious :rotfl: !

My DD got a long personal message in her autograph book from Goofy at Cafe Mickey - its one of my lasting memories of our latest trip to DLRP - the look of amazement on her face when she asked "mum, how does Goofy know my name?"

Elaine

Yes we have done Cafe Mickey when we have been before and all the family loved it. I wasnt overly impressed with the menu as im awkward being a vegetarian and they didnt really have much of a selection. Thought that Inventions would be better as im sure i read it was an all you can eat buffet. Also 2 of the children we are going with this year are pickey eaters!!!

Thanks
Lisa

I couldn't fault Cafe Mickey on our visit there. Food, service, atmosphere everything was top notch and I wouldn't hesitate to return, if I have one complaint it would be the positioning of the loos in the building, bit of a pain if you're upstairs and there isn't enough of them, but this is something I find at all the DLRP restaurants, especially Lucky Nugget - fabulous setting needs more facilities, sorry going off topic there.
Inventions is down on our "to do" list. :)

Lisa, if you look here, your questions should be answered!
This is one I'd like to try but I wonder whether it can really be that much better than Cafe Mickey and therefore worth the money, or not?

Thank you for the link sarah.

Think i may give a miss, judging by the price compared to cafe mickey, i would rather go to Cafe Mickey. I have just looked at the menu for Cafe Mickey and there is a few veggie starters i could have which i have to say i cant remember seeing when we went before, probably to engrossed in watching the characters i guess!!!

Lisa

Lisa, we are also veggie and there was one main meal option (a noodles with peppers, sun dried tomatoes etc dish) and 2 veggie starters - a mozzarella & tomato flan and mushroom soup (very very mushroomy LOL)/

They were fine with me ordering just the starter and having it when the others had their mains/

The veggie kids option is very strong cheese though - it was 3 cheese ravioli and I found the cheese strong (neither children ate much which is unusual for them as they usually eat a tonne).

However the characters made up for the food as DD & DS had a fabulous time.

:) Sadie

Thanks for the advice Sadie.

Good to hear i can have starters as mains.

Thanks to all for replies

Lisa

that was a really useful link to the dlp food website.

i'd love to hear from people who'd been to inventions though - i'd like to reserve several character meals while we're there. we just did plaza gardens last time and the kids loved it but it was a scrum. one little terror assaulted the genie!!

We have been there in September 2004. (So a while ago – maybe something has changed since then)
Back then it was the greatest dinner experience we ever had at the resort. It is quite expensive but the range of food was just great. I have never seen such a great buffet. (we ate for more than two hours!) And they even have a children buffet. And the characters interaction was also outstanding. They came to every table. (I think like at Café Mickey)
And except for the great food and the lovely character interaction you also get a view to the park/castle/Mainstreet.
It is just great if you can see the Castle at night with all the lights and decoration while Mickey and Minnie are visiting your table.
For us it was worth the money. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter