Into the Woods

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Has anyone seen it yet? I just got my tickets for late this afternoon. The three shows prior were completely sold out!

Definitely want to see this. Enjoy, and please let us know how it was. Taking my neighbor's 2 sons (my sons from another mother) :rotfl2: to see The Interview today, at their request. Not really my thing, but it's their gift, so........:rolleyes1

I saw it today and thought it was very good adaptation of the musical. They did tame certain things down from the musical, however I wouldn't take a younger child to see it.

What about a 10yr old? Already booked tickets to take my niece. I don't know anything about musical.

Just saw it. It was fantastic never seen the musical but I loved the movie makes me want to see the musical to compare it.

I saw it today and thought it was very good adaptation of the musical. They did tame certain things down from the musical, however I wouldn't take a younger child to see it.

What about a 10yr old? Already booked tickets to take my niece. I don't know anything about musical.

I'm pretty sure my DD would have not liked this in her younger years (then again, she was scared of Maelstrom.) She's 10 now, and I probably would not have seriously considered taking her, but she's into theatre now, and so she's now very familiar with Into the Woods Jr. Prior to participating, we had checked out a DVD of the (full) Broadway version from our library, and honestly, we didn't really care for the 2nd half of the full version. The "Junior" version basically ends at the intermission of the full version, and is not as potentially scary (and IMHO boring, if something can be boring and scary at the same time). Based on what I've heard and on dina444444's comment, the movie is going to be the full version of the story.

So my DD10 probably will get to see it with me, but only because she's already familiar with the show. But some other kids are okay with dark and scary stuff, so might not have problems with that aspect. Also, there is a lot of um, innuendo that may or may not be an issue depending on whether your kid knows about the birds and the bees and/or if that would all go whoosh right over his/her head anyhow.

Again, I'm basing my comments on the musical and what I've heard of the movie. I may come back and add something to this thread or edit this post after we see the movie.

I don't remember hearing/reading about the play, so this was new to me. Kelly & I both saw it, and having nothing to compare it to, loved the movie. She's ready to go see it again with her friends.

I saw this yesterday with my almost 5 year old. We both really enjoyed it. She never really gets scared though and does not internalize movies, so no issues with her age. I think if they could watch Maleficent without being scared they could see this. Also my daughter has met the little girl who played Little Red so there was no keeping her from the movie.

Great opening scene. I thought the acting was great.

Husband and I saw it yesterday. Do not recommend for child under 10. Beautiful filming, really good singing, and the actors were correctly chosen for the parts they played. Depp was super as the "big bad wolf". Terrific musical.

Husband and I saw it yesterday. Do not recommend for child under 10. Beautiful filming, really good singing, and the actors were correctly chosen for the parts they played. Depp was super as the "big bad wolf". Terrific musical.

I just saw it. There were lots of young children. No one seemed scared. The 4 yo in front of me enjoyed it. :confused3

Took my 4 and 6 year old to see it and they loved it. 4 year old came out of the theater singing and asking when we could have it on DVD. He loves musicals.

Thanks everyone! I think my 10yr old niece should be fine then. If she gets scared we can always leave, but I don't think she will. I'll let you know how she does. I can't wait to see this movie!

Went to see it yesterday -thought it was really well done. There were some intense scenes, but nothing really over the top for children.

On a side note, any opinions on the Tomorrowland trailer:

http://youtu.be/FyhOyOkFWoA

That really piqued my interest -looking forward to that one!

My niece loved it as did I. Great film. They definitely made it kid friendly though the Giants were a little scary.

I took my three older kids (11, 10, and 7). They didn't find it scary and really liked it. I've seen the stage production a few times and it was pretty faithful. The major changes they made didn't bother me that much. I thought they'd tone down the innuendo between the wolf and Red, but they really didn't. All in all, I thought it was fantastic.

We saw it Christmas day and all really liked it. They definitely "Disneyfied" it a bit. The original is much darker. The bad stuff still happens but not onscreen.

Anyone drawn in thinking it is a Johnny Depp movie might be disappointed, though, as he is only in the film for a few minutes. He's very good but it is not a big part of the film.

I don't know that kids will be scared by the film. Whether or not they'd enjoy it will probably depend on the individual kid.

I liked the fact that some of the darkness of Grimm's was kept. Very bad things happened to bad people.

My wife taught "The Other Prince" Billy Magnusseen french when he was in high school. It was really cool to see her former student on the big screen. He was home for the holidays and saw the movie with his family in a theater in the local community.

I really enjoyed the movie. My 12 year old son also enjoyed it. When went with a couple of people who have seen the musical on Broadway and they really enjoyed it also.

I'll personally think it get best once they add the twist and quit telling the original fairytales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter