• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Into The Woods Review

IllinoisJones

Displaying My Ears
Into the Woods Review: Rob Marshal's adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's musical was a very entertaining and visually appealing film. I felt like the acting was outstanding with Meryl Streep leading the way as the Witch. I also loved Chris Pine as Prince Charming, Lila Crawford as Little Red Riding Hood and Daniel Huttlestone As Jack. I understand Emily Blunt stole the show for some, but not for me. I wish Johnny Depp as the Wolf had more screen time just to see what he else he could've done with the character. While I liked it overall, I was much more of fan of the first half which was a fun romp. The last act which is where the characters, I don't think this is a spoiler, learn to live with the consequences of their actions seemed to drag a bit. I'm not familiar with the musical but I loved the music especially the Prologue (I wish/Into the Woods) and Your Fault. Neither of the kids were ever scared. Evan (9) said "What a weird, strange move, but I loved it!" Tara (6) was enthralled with the music and thought Little Red Riding Hood was hilarious. I thought the music was better than the overall story which is why I give it 3 out of 5 Wolf Howls.

Next up for Disney, for those of you keeping track at home, Strange Magic (Touchtone Animation/Lucasfilm) January 23rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter