Intimate Wedding just booked!

magnetgirl

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My fiance' and I have just booked a last minute Intimate Wedding/ honeymoon for the end of January! We are so excited. It will be just us. We're staying at the CBR a & ceremony is at Polynesian Sunset Pt. We've never been to WDW before. I've been reading all the posts and have been planning like mad...
My questions- Is it better to have a photgrapher or videographer? Or both? Who's good?
We want to dine at a very nice resort restaurant after, and still wear our informal wedding attire. Where should we eat?
What's the best way to get marriage license the day before?
Is the hair and makeup by Disney good?
I would appreciate any and all advice.
Thank you so much, you've all been so helpful already!

Congratulations!! And just the two of you, that will be very romantic:) When is your date and what time?

We're having both a photographer and videographer. That way we can have a photo album/pictures on the walls and hear the music and our vows. It depends on what you'd want, and what is important to you. We're having Randy Chapman for photography and Artistic Video for videography. No finished product yet, but both have been great so far.

If you go to wdwig.com it has both pictures and menus for most of the resorts to give you a better idea about restaurants. We're having tea after the wedding at the GF, then dinner that night (without the parents) at Artist Point.

We booked a towncar through Disney to pick us up at the airport, take us to the courthouse for the license, then to our resort. We won't be renting a car, and figured this was the easiest way to go.

Good luck:)

Congrats! Sounds like you have alot of planning to do without a lot of time! Go to the courthouse and get your license as soon as you get off the plane! Here's their phone number for the details:407-836-2067. I'm planning a wedding in May and am using a photographer, Randy Chapman and a videographer, STVS Video. I'm also using Disney's hair/makeup artists. I hear they are very good and will style your hair and makeup according to your taste/style. We are having dinner after at the California Grill at the Contempoary Resort. Some of the other romantic restaurants are mostly in the Grand Floridian. The Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge is nice also. It depends on your taste.

Post us the details after your Wedding. I'd love it hear how it went! Oh, I'm also getting married at the Sunset Pointe too! It looks beautiful. Here's STVS's website. Stan had a demo of a wedding at the Sunset Pointe. It is awesome! Enjoy and best wishes!

www.stvsweddings.com/gallery

Lisa

Congratulations!

We absolutely loved our intimate wedding. We were married at Sea Breeze Point. We had absolutely no regrets. :)

As for your questions, we went with Disney for just about everything. We had a town car pick us up at the airport and take us to get our license, had Disney do hair and makeup for me and my MOH, photography and videography, and did the Poly Luau for the wedding party the night before as part of the package, then treated everyone to Artist Point the night of the wedding.

The hair and makeup was wonderful. They did exactly what I wanted with my hair, and I'm not a big makeup person, and the artist, did such a great job. I don't like looking all made up, and she kept it very natural but beautiful.

The photography and videography were worth it in MHO. We were pleasantly surprised with how our video turned out, I felt like I was watching something off of a Wedding Story, and the photography was great. We actually had a friend who's an amateur photographer take pics that we could have immediately while we waited for the Disney ones. She got stuff the photographer wasn't around for like getting ready, inside the limo, after the ceremony we went down to the pier and beach by the Yacht club where we were staying and got picks in the sand and in the water. :) Had I not had her, I'm not sure if I would have chosen Disney because I think those pics help tell the story. If Disney could provide someone for longer and for shots outside of the ceremony/reception, then I would say yes. The album they sent my pics in is awesome. Completely love it. The only thing I didn't really like is that they keep your negatives for up to 5 years, then you can buy them. I'm a scrapbooker, and not having negatives is like a mortal sin. So I regularly call them to see if I can buy them yet. :) No luck yet. LOL

Luau & Artisit Pointe - The luau was fun to do with our wedding party the night before...something casual, let your hair down, enjoy and have fun. Artisit Pointe was AWESOME!!!! We had wonderful service, food, ambiance...we highly recommend it. Just a little story....

We had a wonderful waitress, her name is Po. She was humorous, knowledgable, helpful, and very on top of her game. At the end of the meal, we had 7 people total, we tipped her $100 on top of the gratuity that was already added to the bill for parties over 5. She didn't look in the bill folder until after we left, and she chased us down in the lobby to try and give back the $100 tip. She kept saying that we're newly weds, that we're young, she couldn't accept such a generous tip...we had to practically force her to take it, but she finally agreed to keep the tip. I will never forget our experience there or how wonderful Po is.

Well, good luck. You'll have a wonderful time!

Congratulations! We had Randy Chapman for photography & STVS for videography. STVS does offer digital still photos from the wedding video, so if you're only going with one or the other, you may want to call STVS and look into pricing for a package that includes video coverage & digital photos.
Cheers!
Heather W

Hi again, everyone!
:D
Thank you so much for all of the information that you sent!!! I made some decisions.... not much time left!
We are getting married on Jan 22, 2003 at the Polynesian, Sunset Pointe at 5pm by Rev. Jack Day (hope the sunset is pretty). I'll have my hair and makeup done beforehand by Disney. I booked Stan with STVS for videography and Gary Fox for photos. They recommended each other and I found lots of great comments about them on this site and yourfairytale.com. We'll dine at Citrico's in the Grand Floridian and hopefully catch the fireworks show on the pier at the GF at 7:30 that night. I hear the fireworks are at different times each night. We'll stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort for 5 days for the honeymoon. We hired FL tours town car to pick us up at the airport , go to courthouse, stop for groceries and on to Disney , round trip. I can't wait to try out all the restaurants (with my new husband!) that you have recommended.
Thank you diswedwish, LISAMWDW, DMoss3377 and hmp2z! You helped me plan our very special day at Disney. I promise to send details of how everything went!
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter