International travelers

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
Have the travel restrictions had any affect on the number of international guests at Disney? Some of my fondest memories are of meeting guests from around the world and perhaps sharing an experience with them. One of my fondest was when we shared a raft at Kali River Rapids with a group of girls from Brazil and they all but adopted my grandson. Sweet girls.

International travel is not a viable option for us here in Australia this year. As an island nation we have been very fortunate to limit the incidence of Covid, with one appalling exception of a major outbreak last year in my state of Victoria. We have a strict 14-day quarantine for those coming to our shores and an extremely limited number of inbound flights. The passenger limits per flight have led to high ticket prices for those, mainly Australian citizens and residents, returning. I can’t imagine that this situation will change without immunisation passports or the like. I do hope and trust we can travel to WDW in the not too distant future. It just seems so far away at the the moment.

Many countries are barred from entering the US by our government, their government, or both. Others have mandatory quarantines upon return. I have not noticed many foreign languages other than the usual amount of Spanish, or any tourist groups with shirts proclaiming them to be from a different country. I have seen no follow the flag tourist groups at all, actually. I’m not saying there are zero international visitors, but it is clearly not as many as normal.

I’m a local who has been in August, September, October, and November since the re-open.

Have the travel restrictions had any affect on the number of international guests at Disney? Some of my fondest memories are of meeting guests from around the world and perhaps sharing an experience with them. One of my fondest was when we shared a raft at Kali River Rapids with a group of girls from Brazil and they all but adopted my grandson. Sweet girls.
NOTHING like a normal January,but we have been surprised by the numbers of South Americans here at WDW since we have been here.

We haven't met any from Brazil or Argentina,but have met Guests from Colombia and Peru.

None of The 15s(the sweet girls in your raft) are here this January.

yes it has. International travel is way down and still completely blocked for foreigners from China, Iran, European Schengen area and Brazil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter