International seller?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So which resale brokers make it very clear which contracts are held by an international seller? But am I right in thinking that most small contracts, 50 points or less, are gonna be held by Americans?

Yes, but probably only because more Americans own DVC. :)

My advice is to ask the broker about the contracts that interest you or make your offer contingent on the seller being a U S citizen.

So which resale brokers make it very clear which contracts are held by an international seller? But am I right in thinking that most small contracts, 50 points or less, are gonna be held by Americans?
The timeshare store is the only one that I am aware of that actually lists them as international seller contracts. That being said I have dealt with several of the big brokers and never had a problem with them disclosing it wS an international seller when directly asked. In fact when they send you the contract to sign in my experience it has the name of the seller and buyer and their location so it would be on the before you signed the actually contract.

We purchased 2 contracts. One of them was through DVC Resale Market, I know they did not say it was an international seller on the listing (the seller is from Canada). However CMNJ is correct that the contract has the seller's name and address on there, so if it really bothers you then you can cancel. I'm sure they will tell you if you ask beforehand, since it's more work for them to set up the contract just to have you cancel.

That being said, our transaction with the Canadian seller was very smooth, no problems whatsoever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter